UFOs/WIPs and other projects

Old January 15th 05, 01:59 AM
Pati Cook

Default UFOs/WIPs and other projects

Well, today I took a few minutes and actually started a list of my projects.

Just the ones I could remember off the top of my head.

Projects that need to be finished: 22
(included swap blocks that need to be set together, partially done
things from classes and so on)
Tops ready to be quilted: 21
Continuing projects: 4 (included a second DJ quilt, Quilted Diamonds
2, Thimbleberries 2005 quilts which get started tomorrow,
and the birthday block swap)
Projects with significant amounts of fabric purchased, some plan made:
at least 6

Guess I'd better get a move on. At least I am determined not to purchase
fabric except to finish these or for class samples that need current fabric.

Pati, in Phx
Old January 15th 05, 02:08 AM
taria

Golly, you could win the prize for the most UFO's finished this
year if you really could make a dent in the list. That's a lot
of stuff going on. I probably have around 10 projects in various
stages. You have me beat by a long way.
Taria

Old January 15th 05, 02:24 AM
maryd

I have
1) about 18 projects to finish including some swaps
2) 4 tops to quilt that are already basted
3) one that I need to take out machine quilting and try again
4) 3 sandwiches that need basting then quilting
5) layette for daughter that is hoping for a baby this year (she lost a baby
in Sept)
6) more but not sure what they are LOL
--
Mary
"Pati Cook" wrote in message
news : Well, today I took a few minutes and actually started a list of my
projects.
:

Old January 15th 05, 02:30 AM
Diana Curtis

You have certainly set some admirable goals before yourself. Do keep us
updated. Do you have in mind just how much you want to finish before years
end or are you just listing to keep them fresh in your mind?
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 15th 05, 02:46 AM
Violet Volfie

What does WIP stand for?

I have been getting out all my UFOs this week and I have stuff going back 10
years... or perhaps more. Shhh! Don't tell.

I have GOT to get some of these done before the fabric starts to shred from
age deterioration.

Old January 15th 05, 02:52 AM
Pat in Virginia

WIP Work In Progress. Exact definition will vary. For
me it is any project that I actually worked sometime in
the last calendar year. So, if I did not work it in
2004, it is a UFO. Works for me.
Welcome Violet. WHen you want your chocolate vetted,
just send a pound or two to my Palace here in Virginia!

Pat, Official Chocolate Taster for RCTQ

Old January 15th 05, 03:05 AM
AliceW

Pati, come join a group of 23 other folks trying to do the same thing! We
have a yahoo group called FSM2004. If you want to join, let me know and I
will give you the details!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

Old January 15th 05, 01:55 PM
Violet Volfie

"AliceW" wrote in message
Pati, come join a group of 23 other folks trying to do the same thing! We
have a yahoo group called FSM2004. If you want to join, let me know and I
will give you the details!

Is it a by-invitation-only group?

Old January 15th 05, 03:34 PM
frood

My UFO/WIP list is as follows:

In-progress -
Spike's I Spy - almost finished quilting
Giles' I Spy - basted, awaiting quilting
Miss Fussy Rose's Pink Elephants on Parade - needs outer border (I've been
cutting strips)

UFOs (in rough order of priority)
Domo Arigato wall hanging (just bought the quilting thread, needs to be
re-basted)
Houses wall hanging (needs quilting)

USOs
baby quilt for newest nephew
lap quilt for my mom
bed quilt for me

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old January 15th 05, 03:51 PM
Pati Cook

I'm working on it. Have to get some of them finished for the guild
show. Filled out the forms on line yesterday (a day early
even.........) and they are due March 12. Of course I also started one
to enter yesterday; a theme entry that will be small and is entered as a
"studio" quilt. If it works as I envision it it should be nice.
Also a step closer to posting some photos somewhere........

Pati, in Phx