I Won It, I Won It, I Won It, Gripit!

Old May 6th 04, 04:03 AM
Suzanne

Default I Won It, I Won It, I Won It, Gripit!

I am now the happy owner of a Gripit Plus Deluxe floor stand complete
with a full set (possibly) of scroll bars! This is the third item I've
bid on at eBay and only the first that I've won. Considering the stand
alone costs $130 today, I think I did very well getting it for $61 plus
S&H. :-) The guy who's selling put together as much of it he could,
but he says he thinks some of the instructions are missing. Looking at
the pics, it looks like it might have a complete set of scroll frames
and maybe some extra parts, though they might be other scroll frames.
You can see it at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll... STRK:MEWN:IT.
At least, that's the URL when I look at it; you might have to fuss
with it a bit. Can anyone tell what might be there by looking at it?
I'm hoping my bank will move fast enough to get some money that DH
transferred into my account in tomorrow so I can send the payment.
Then I'll have to wait to see how long it will take to get here. This
is two firsts for me--the first time I've won anything on eBay and my
first floor frame! I know there are some here in the ng who also have
Gripits, so can you tell me what you think of yours? Can anyone tell
me what difference there is between the original and the Legend stands,
as far as how they work? I think later I might buy the Legend adapter
kit if someone can tell me the Legend works better than the original,
which is what I bought. I can hardly believe I won it! happy dance,
happy dance, happy dance

--
Suze

Cat hair? That's just an embellishment.

Old May 6th 04, 04:54 AM
Jenn Liace

On Wed, 5 May 2004 22:03:49 -0500, Suzanne
wrote:

Considering the stand
alone costs $130 today, I think I did very well getting it for $61 plus
S&H. :-)

Woooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!

I've never used the Gripit, but I must say that I love my Legend
adapter on my Edmunds stand. The extra pieces give the overall
assembly an extra 6-8 inches of vertical measurement, which puts my
fabric in just about the "perfect" location for me when i'm sitting in
my wooden rocker. No more bending way over to see what I'm doing, no
more clamp marks on my fabric, and it's soooo easy to just rotate my
frame on the horizontal axis to get to my backsides for tucking floss.
I got my adapter at NordicNeedle.com, paid about $35 for it. I
considered the clamp adapters intended for Q-snaps but decided to just
drill holes in my sidebars instead and save ten bucks.

Jenn L.
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com

UFO's:
Lady Scarlet's Journey (Just Nan)
Lady of the Flag (MIrabilia)
Old May 6th 04, 05:14 AM
CrossStitchGal

Way to go!!!!
--
Happy Stitching!
Kathy :-)
Old May 6th 04, 11:41 AM
Cheryl Isaak

Cool!
Enjoy!
Cheryl

Old May 7th 04, 12:19 AM

Suze if parts of instructions are missing you can always give them a call.
I'm sure they'll send a set of instructions. BTW I just called them and
finally got their 6" grip it. small enough to be able to hold bookmarks to
stitch...

Marc (who's nearless Magazineless now). LOL

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/needlemania

http://www.cyberstitchers.com/Galler...=1065918331265
news:2004050522034927590%suzette40@comcastcrossnet stitch...

Old May 7th 04, 08:19 AM
Darla

wrote:

I know there are some here in the ng who also have
Gripits, so can you tell me what you think of yours? Can anyone tell
me what difference there is between the original and the Legend stands,
as far as how they work?

I'll give up my Deluxe when they pry it out of my cold, dead fingers.
I've never used the Legend; never had reason.
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
Old May 7th 04, 09:26 AM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

.... Can anyone tell
me what difference there is between the original and the Legend stands,
as far as how they work? .........

The Original GripIt has the single large clamp at the center top that will
clamp onto a scroll rod, a hoop, Q-Snaps, etc. The Legend has the same basic
frame set up but has 2 top pieces in place of the center top clamp. The 2 top
pieces have side pieces and you attach your scroll rods to those side pieces.
If you use a hoop or Q-Snaps AND you have the Legend model, you need to get the
side clamps for those particular types of fabric holders.. CiaoMeow ^;;^
..

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!