Noah's Sub--any tips?

Old May 6th 04, 02:42 PM
Joan Erickson

Meredith wrote:

depends on the fabric. Some of the nonlinens I've used have frayed like
mad.

Hm. Guess I've never used anything other than aida, linen, salem cloth
or lugana. What fabric frays so badly?

--
Curious Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old May 6th 04, 02:47 PM
Caryn

My original post was regarding Noah's Sub - and an alternative
fabric option.

And my post about it was my opinion about how I liked the design as charted
over using that fabric.

I said several times it was my opinion, I gave several reasons why I liked it
better as charted. None of them having to do with you in any way.

I mentioned stitching backgrounds, and gave an example of how much background I
am willing to stitch. I used one of my own designs as my example.

You then chose to make it personal by saying that you'd discussed my design
didn't like what I'd done, that "my" nebula was bad.

It is ironic that you are the one who has gotten so very upset about me stating
my opinions about the designs of others tho.

When you do it it's "constructive criticism" when I do it it's "personal
jeolousy" of that other designer.

Noah's Sub as designed is absolutely lovely. It really does seem a shame to me
to diminish the designer's vision by not doing the background as charted.

Caryn

Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old May 6th 04, 03:18 PM
Kriesel

one!!

Heather

Thanks Heather!!

Julie (and Soren, who is dancing around wearing nothing but a diaper and
feeling very happy :-))
Old May 6th 04, 03:41 PM
Lucille

Good Morning Everyone,
Isn't it fun when two kids get into a ****ing match like this and you're not
the one that has to break it up. Please be sure that neither of you bleeds
on your current project or you'll be punished.
Lucille

Old May 6th 04, 03:53 PM
sunflower

I never said your nebula was bad. What is with you and continually putting
words in other people's mouths? I SAID I LIKED YOUR FREAKING DRAGON FOR
PETE'S SAKE!

As for your opinions - they are exactly THAT - how come it's a shame for
Noah's Sub not to be stitched as it was 'originally intended' but not for
others? I feel that personalizing a piece is wonderful - and helps to make
it more the stitchers.

I think it's absolutely LUDICROUS to state that changing a design to a
personal preference is diminishing anything. What designer expects a
stitcher to stitch a design exactly as charted all the time? It would be a
very boring world indeed if charts were followed to the letter every time!

Caryn you have DEEP issues. I never once was nasty to you - I even said I
liked your dragon. I stated my (and my friends' opinions) that we felt the
Nebula detracted from the dragon. You took it upon yourself to turn that
into something bad. You do that continually ~ twist people statements into
something to suit your needs. Sad really.

Sarah

Old May 6th 04, 03:54 PM
sunflower

LOL! too funny Lucille~!

I'll have to be extra careful when I'm pinning that Kincaide piece before
lacing today LOL!

Sarah

"

Old May 6th 04, 05:19 PM
Roberta

You 2 never learn, do you? Do us all a favor and killfile each other...NOW.

This was a nice discussion that has, once again, deteriorated into childish
pettiness and potshots. Sarah, you may think that Caryn started it, but
you're just as much at fault because you couldn't keep your fingers still
and had to reply. Caryn, you may think that Sarah started it, but, again,
you're just as much at fault because you couldn't keep from responding,
either.

I don't care which of you has bigger or more issues, just STOP FIGHTING!

Roberta

Old May 6th 04, 05:24 PM
Caryn

This was a nice discussion that has, once again, deteriorated into childish
pettiness and potshots.

Roberta,

I'm sorry.

I should know better than to ever post a personal opinion in any thread where
Sarah has posted. It never ends well.