Noah's Sub--any tips?

Old May 5th 04, 03:08 PM
Kriesel

Default Noah's Sub--any tips?

I just got the re-released copy of Noah's Sub. I can't wait to get started,
but I have to get my fabric edged (my DSis will do it on her serger hopefully)
and go through my floss to see what I don't need to buy (Don't want to buy all
140+ colors if I don't have to, LOL).

Has anybody done this new version--do you have any advice or notes--stitching
or otherwise? (Hopefully there aren't errors like on the old pattern.)

This is going to look great on my son's bedroom wall but I don't think he will
really appreciate it--he's only 15 months old :-P.

Julie in MN (using my parents AOL again until my own computer is set up--so
don't respond via e-mail)
Old May 5th 04, 05:22 PM
Caryn

This is going to look great on my son's bedroom wall but I don't think he
will
really appreciate it--he's only 15 months old :-P.

You might be surprised by how much he appreciates it later!

My mom did a crewelwork piece that lived on my bedroom wall as far back as my
memory goes. I still adore the picture, because she made it, and because it
was part of my childhood.

Can't help with Noah's Sub questions tho, sorry. I am still considering
picking it up tho, as it is very cute.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old May 5th 04, 07:39 PM
Kriesel

(using my parents AOL again until my own computer is set up--so
don't respond via e-mail)

Will you be using AOL on your own 'puter? BRBR
I'm not sure of my access yet (moving at the end of the month) so I don't want
to commit to anything.

Julie
Old May 5th 04, 07:42 PM
Kriesel

Hi!
I'm working from the old chart but would love to do a 'stitch-along'.
BRBR

Yes, definitely, I would love to have stitching company! Where did you find
your tips?

Is it still in
black and red? BRBR
Unfortunately, yes. Blech. There are so many different symbols, it's enough
to boggle one's mind. (LOL, that happens to me so easily these days...)

Julie in MN (can't wait to start stitching NS, but really should finish
current project.....)

Old May 5th 04, 10:06 PM
S & A

I've just bought the new version of Noah's Sub too and am completely daunted
by it! I have my material, far too much I think, and I now have my threads.

I'd love stitching company too, as I'm new to taking on such a huge project.
I've done mostly small kits.

Sharon (UK)

Old May 5th 04, 11:10 PM
Joan Erickson

Kriesel wrote:

I just got the re-released copy of Noah's Sub. I can't wait to get started,
but I have to get my fabric edged

Why wait? Just start! I have never edged my fabric. Once the first 2
or 3 threads come out, it doesn't fray any further, IME.

--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old May 6th 04, 04:27 AM
Kriesel

I'd love stitching company too, as I'm new to taking on such a huge project.
I've done mostly small kits.
BRBR

Woo-hoo!! Okay, that's at least three of us...How about we start a yahoo
group?

Julie (who just put a not very sleepy DS to bed)