Shops in London?

Old April 22nd 04, 03:47 PM
S.Cordelia

Default Shops in London?

I am going to London with my family and would like any recommendations
of good needlepoint stores (I do not cross-stitch much, mostly
needlepoint and no knitting). Also, any fine dress goods and notions
stores too (besides Liberty's). Thanks!

Sophie
Old April 22nd 04, 07:00 PM
Marie Lewis

"S.Cordelia" wrote in message
I am going to London with my family and would like any recommendations
of good needlepoint stores (I do not cross-stitch much, mostly
needlepoint and no knitting). Also, any fine dress goods and notions
stores too (besides Liberty's). Thanks!

Sophie

For fine dress goods ans notions, John Lewis on Oxford Street.
For beautiful ribbons and trimmingd, VV Rouleaux. They have a website.

Marie

Old April 22nd 04, 09:21 PM
Judy Kerr

"Marie Lewis" wrote in message

"S.Cordelia" wrote in message
I am going to London with my family and would like any recommendations
of good needlepoint stores (I do not cross-stitch much, mostly
needlepoint and no knitting). Also, any fine dress goods and notions
stores too (besides Liberty's). Thanks!

Sophie

For fine dress goods ans notions, John Lewis on Oxford Street.
For beautiful ribbons and trimmingd, VV Rouleaux. They have a website.

Marie

And there's Ehrman Tapestry in Kensington Church Street
http://www.ehrmantapestry.eu.com/ourshop.asp

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Judy in UK
--
Remove NOSPAM to reply

Old April 23rd 04, 01:00 AM
val189

I found wonderful kits for ndlpt. in Harrods! Although, I did have to
write to the company for addt'l background white - they were able to
send me more, but I was sweatin' it.

Now I skip what they give for background and buy copious amts. on my
own. Got tired of running out, ripping out etc. I have found this in
many diff. manufacturers kits.

val
Old April 23rd 04, 02:51 AM

Val, that's interesting... How long ago did you find the NP in Harrod's. In
July when I was there I went looking all over the place and went to Harrod's
knowing that they would have needlework since their motto is that they have
everything that would ever be asked for only to be told at the info desk
that they no longer carried the needlecraft works...Boy was I disappointed.
There was one dept. store, I can't remember the name (not Selfridges) that
had some needlework but very little selection. And I had a friend to check
and she (from U.K.) said that one really needs to go out of London to find
the LNS's....NOW If you all were going to Paris I could give a list about
two pages long of LNS's within Paris....which by the way the list was so
wonderfully provided by a member of RCTN a year or so ago...

Marc

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/needlemania

http://www.cyberstitchers.com/Galler...=1065918331265
om...

Old April 23rd 04, 03:17 AM
Jenn Liace

On 22 Apr 2004 07:47:03 -0700, (S.Cordelia) wrote:

Also, any fine dress goods and notions
stores too (besides Liberty's).

Actually,my boss went to London a few months ago and brought me back a
lovely Lanarte kit that he bought at Liberty. I haven't started it
yet, though, and he keeps teasing me about that. =)

Jenn L.
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Old April 23rd 04, 02:08 PM
val189

wrote
Val, that's interesting... How long ago did you find the NP in Harrod's.

1996 - sorry to hear this.
I really wanted to see the Glorafilia store, but cudn't squeeze it in.
I am still drooling over their catalog tho and trying to decide what
to do next.
Old April 23rd 04, 04:11 PM

Jenn I think it was Liberty that I went to...up on the top floor and all
walk up because the center of store, where elevators were were being
renovated and closed off... They really didn't have much but, yes a few good
things...

Marc

Old April 24th 04, 03:11 PM
NYalto1

I'm not sure whether it's still there or not, but there used to be a shop
called Creativity located on Oxford street extension. Take the tube or bus to
the corner of Oxford Street and Totenham Court Road and walk east a couple of
blocks. They had lots of knitting supplies and a good selection of stitchery
things including kits.

Liberty's is also a good place to go, and if you're there in July, they have a
great sale.

Carolyn
Old April 24th 04, 03:19 PM
Megwen Woodham

I'm afraid that Creativity closed a while back, and Liberty no longer have
the large display of fabric, haberdashery and needlework supplies that they
used to have. What was a whole floor is now tucked away in a corner!

Megwen
Bath, England