Life's story

Old August 28th 03, 05:14 PM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

Geez Louise! How many times can we possibly discuss which sewing
machine is the best one to buy? Uh-oh! Here's another newbie who wants
to know whether to pre-wash or not! Then there's machine or hand
quilting! There just seems to be so many questions that are done to
death.... over and over and over and over..... If we *only* discussed
ON TOPIC exclusively, there'd be maybe 10 posts a day! And BORING ones
at that!

And sometime life has a BIG effect on our quilting, too. Like for me at
nearly 1:00 a.m. this very morning. I'm an old hand at mitered
bindings, but with the stress of my vacation coming up in a couple of
days, a nearly four hour drive to St. Louis (where I've never been), to
a huge airport (where I've never been), flying (which I've only done
twice over 20 years ago), first class tickets (which intimidates the
hell outta me!) I'm truly a bundle of nerves and couldn't remember the
first thing about the darn miters on my bindings and nearly came
screaming for help and some hugs! And this wallhanging is a gift I
*have* to take along with me. I finally worked it out with some fine
cursing and many re-pinnings, but *that* is what this ng is about! It's
support as well as info as well as helping newbies and everybody else
along in whatever way we can.

Now, you can pull up a chair and join in the fun, ask your questions and
tell us your quilting stories and your joys and triumphs and even your
sorrows- in quilting and life in general- and you will be most warmly
welcomed. Or you can go start your own group and make up your own
rules. But don't come in here telling us what to do- we're getting
along just fine without your help.

And, thank you, but **I** am NOT a mere diva! I am a full fledged
bitch.

Leslie..... and damn proud of it!

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life... they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old August 28th 03, 05:16 PM
Diana Curtis

Im glad you arent too. There would be no living with you then.
Pssst... how do I get to be a diva? Id like to flame sometime.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"frood" wrote in message
. com...
Sure glad I'm not one of those!

--
Wendy, running as fast as I can in my high-heel boots!
de-fang email address to reply

"Joan8904" wrote in message
snipped However, if you upset the board 'divas,' prepare to be

scorched.
: They are
very tolerant of most everything except criticism.

joan

joan o'reilly
New 311 Album--EVOLVER--July 22nd
www.311.com

Old August 28th 03, 05:22 PM
Butterfly

And the Troll-o-Meter judges give it: a....2.3!!! Awww....we thought it
would be higher! Let's ask one of the judges why the low score..
"We just felt that although the delivery was _fair_, the presentation
was old and re-used...it lacked imagination and had the earmarks of an
adolescent who had just discovered that daddy was in the bathroom and
left his computer on...sorry, just wasn't original or funny enough to
rate a higher score...some of the judges felt sorry for him so that's
why we agreed on the 2.3 instead of 1.0"
Well folks...there ya have it...the Troll-o-Meter judges have
spoken..come back next post when we see if ole ruffian (aka buddy) here
can try for a snappier comeback!
*clap* clap*clap*clap*
... thankyou...no really..you're too kind...thankyou..please....

Butterfly (so when was the last time YOU threaded a needle with thread?)

buddy wrote:
Do we all have to tell our life's story on this group?
A little bit about sewing and quilting is enough.
DM

Old August 28th 03, 05:35 PM
Butterfly

YOU wanted S P A R K L Y!!!!
NOW you tell us

YOU can do the drawing this time--YOU will need to mark what parts
should be sparkly and what COLORS go where and just WHAT jewel each is
to be--you asked for it--now GET BUSY--'pect an answer by a week from Friday
That should give me time to see if'n I have ANY sparkly fabrics left
Butterfly (gotta mark this on my calendar--Sharon on Wed, Diana on
Fri--tweren't for this NG I would have an EMPTY calendar)

Diana Curtis wrote:
You cant be a diva Karlee... you have no sparkly tiara yet.
Guess that means I am not either... but lord, how I try. Sniff.
:-)
Diana

--
"Karlee in Kansas" wrote in message

"Joan8904" wrote in message
| Do we all have to tell our life's story on this group?
| A little bit about sewing and quilting is enough.
| DM
|

| Amen. I cannot begin to tell you how little I care about reading about
other
| people's trials and tribuations. OT usually takes care of that problem.
But
| often the quilting answers are buried by responses that have no

relevance

| whatsover. Like everything else, gotta take the bad with the good.

Herin lies my point. You learn to skip posts. You learn to ignore what
you don't want to read. Joan has been here for longer than me, and I have
not heard her voice her opinion on OT posts until now. Either way, IMHO,
we are all allowed our opinion. Joans opinion is that she doesn't like

the

OT posts. My opinion is that I love them. Neither opinion is wrong,
neither is right. We agree to disagree.

| However, if you upset the board 'divas,' prepare to be scorched. :
They are
| very tolerant of most everything except criticism.

I by no means,do I consider myself a diva....I'm just overly cranky today.

BTW, on a side note for Joan, I'm taking "Grassroots" to the hospital with
me for some labor music g

Karlee in Kansas who is wondering if/how she can get her favorite 311 cd
autographed.......

Old August 28th 03, 05:53 PM
Neeej

Karlee in Kansas, who is feeling a little bit like an elephant who carries
a baby for 22 months.

Then be glad it's a girl---baby boy elephants are carried for 24 months G
-- Jean S
Old August 28th 03, 05:55 PM
Butterfly

OOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, youze make me Prideful!
Once fer lissenin and once fer doing and once fer gettin more done
Goodie GOODIE Hugs on their way
Butterfly (gonna get big-headed if'ns you'all keep a lissenin to lil ole
me)

Sharon Harper wrote:
Take this wonderful example. I was doing as my Boss Lady, aka Butterfly,
said and devoting my 20 daily minutes to the nightmare quilt, and while up
checking on one of the DDs I came to see what y'all might be talking about.

BTW in case Ma'am Butterfly is listening I've managed to do 7
whirlimacallits in 2 days. Now back to scheduled regular whinin' :P

Old August 28th 03, 06:21 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Patti wrote:

This kind of message always upsets me.
It sounds so accusatory. There are no compulsory revelations here.
We have here the age-old subject of group dynamics.
It is wrong to expect that this group should be any different from
physical groups of people, gathering because of a common interest.
Please read the following three paragraphs as applicable to cyber and
physical groups.:

You put this so well, Pat! You are most observant and -- IMHO --
accurate.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster
Old August 28th 03, 06:23 PM
Julia Altshuler

ruffian wrote:

On balance, it's worth my time, since it's the only game in town. And
thanks for sharing information on quilting.

Rec.crafts.textiles.quilting is not the only game in town. There are
several private email lists that can be subscribed to for free that deal
with different aspects of quilting and have varying amount of chat. I
can't provide a list of them straight away, but I'll bet someone else can.

It makes sense to give them a try and see if one of them suits you. I
look at all the usenet groups and mailing lists as rooms at a gigantic
party. I meander from room to room, meeting people as I go and deciding
where I fit in best. If people in one room are talking about something
that doesn't particularly interest me, I wander into the next. If
people in the next room are informative and entertaining and people I
want to know better, I stay longer. And even so, that doesn't mean I
love every single person who is there. I pay more attention to some
people than others (while making an effort to be essentially polite to
everyone).

It takes a while to get the trick of managing mail. There are people
whose posts I never read and there are threads I delete after reading
only the first few messages. Then I go back and read what I enjoy. I'm
sure I miss some good stuff, but this works for me.

--Lia

Old August 28th 03, 06:25 PM
Sandy Foster

In article .net,
"Queen of Squishies" wrote:

This ng is just like my real quilting group. We talk about everything under
the sun, and sewing and quilting when it comes up too. I love this group.
I can be myself here, and if I ask a quilty question I get several very good
answers. Thanks guys!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I feel the same way. But before I moved to where I live now, I was in a
small town with no quilt group for reference, friendship, help or
encouragement. When I finally got online and found RCTQ, I found all of
that and more here.

Old August 28th 03, 06:53 PM
The Nielands

Butterfly,

That one needed a SPEW WARNING! Thanks for the laugh.

Louise in Iowa

buddy wrote:
Do we all have to tell our life's story on this group?
A little bit about sewing and quilting is enough.
DM

STORY - I think we need a story right now Kathy N-V Beads 4 February 4th 05 04:55 PM
funny joke about beads [email protected] Beads 0 December 19th 04 01:05 PM
Story - A MIL Story Jalynne Beads 2 March 8th 04 12:30 PM
Story - The Party Kandice Seeber Beads 0 November 9th 03 12:37 PM