Shops in London?

Old April 24th 04, 06:14 PM
Jan Lennie

I think I've mentioned this place before, but here you go again
http://www.londonbeadco.co.uk/ . Slightly out of London but
The London Bead Co/Delicate Stitches.

339 Kentish Town Road, NW5.

Opposite Kentish Town Tube and Rail Stations.
Sells everything you could wish for needlework wise - the website has a
downloadable catalogue in pdf but be aware that it is a very big catalogue
so may take a while to download.
Jan
"Megwen Woodham" wrote in message
I'm afraid that Creativity closed a while back, and Liberty no longer have
the large display of fabric, haberdashery and needlework supplies that

they
used to have. What was a whole floor is now tucked away in a corner!

Megwen
Bath, England
"NYalto1" wrote in message
I'm not sure whether it's still there or not, but there used to be a

shop
called Creativity located on Oxford street extension. Take the tube or

bus to
the corner of Oxford Street and Totenham Court Road and walk east a

couple
of
blocks. They had lots of knitting supplies and a good selection of

stitchery
things including kits.

Liberty's is also a good place to go, and if you're there in July, they

have a
great sale.

Carolyn

Old April 25th 04, 03:29 AM
Suzanne

On 2004-04-24 20:29:53 -0500, stitcher said:

That shop closed several years ago at least 5. If you have the time I
recommend a day trip down to Cambridge. There
is a needlework shop there afraid I cannot recall the name. It is in
the town center near Marks and Spencers as I recall . They have a good
selection. There is lots to see and do in Cambridge. Carol Leather
(Xcalibre designs) is just down the road in Huntingdon. Ruby

Marks & Spencers! Over the years I've read tons of books written by
English authors or at least set in England, and so many of them
mentioned M&S it made me wish I could visit one. Then one day not too
long ago I was surfing the net and found they have a web site. Hooray!
Then I read they don't ship out of the UK. Boo! And here I thought I
might actually get a chance to buy something from them. :-(
--
Suze

Cat hair? That's just an embellishment.

Old April 28th 04, 02:37 PM
Elizabeth O'Rourke

I will second the mention for The London Bead Co./ Delicate Stitches.
If you visit Woburn Abbey, Bedfordshire, you must visit the Country
Cross-Stitcher www.countrycrossstitcher.co.uk there. You cannot miss it
- there is only one main street.
Liz
http://www.classicstitches.com
The magazine for stitchers worldwide

Old May 7th 04, 06:12 PM
Pat Porter

Marks and Spencers stuff is certainly of excellent quality, but most of it
it now made in the far East. Everything is rather overpriced, too.

And why is it, that as soon as I find something I really like a lot do they
instantly cease stocking it???

Pat P

news:200404242129021575%suzette40@comcastcrossnets titch...

Old May 8th 04, 09:15 AM
Marie Lewis

They order quite short runs from the manufacturer.
I learned years ago: with Marks, if you see something you like and it fits,
buy it there and then, in two or three colours if you can afford to.
Once gone, appart from real "standards" they never reappear.

Marie

Old May 8th 04, 09:42 AM
Pat P

That`s true of the clothes,too - but I was actually referring to their
food-lines. I should have made that clear, perhaps - but in any case, the
same applies!

Mind you, our M&S in Felixstowe isn`t all that big, and we know for a fact
(from my sister-in-law who works there) that they suffer by the huge one in
Ipswich taking everything that THEY want and just leaving the remains for
Felixstowe!

Pat P