If you love quilts... and love cows.... OR

Old June 2nd 08, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default If you love quilts... and love cows.... OR

Somehow boy cows in particular strike me as being startlingly
appropriate for DC.
Particularly if they are posed with a shovel near their backsides.

NightMist

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 12:22:19 -0800, "Kay Ahr"
wrote:

Yes, I remember the pigs in Cincinnati! Maybe I was living there at the
time. Or visiting family.

There were cows in Washington, DC one year. Wonder what that was about. . .
--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

"NightMist" wrote in message
It is becoming quite a popular thing.
The first I ever heard of it was the pigs in Cinncinati.
There are moose in Toronto, buffalo in Buffalo, fish in Erie PA and so
on. Our Ash's pediatrician's office bought one of Buffalo's buffalo.
They have it in their airlock.

NightMist

--

Nothing has been the same since that house fell on my sister.
Old June 2nd 08, 08:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

All the best, Kathyl.
I hope your Mother improves a bit while you are there.
At least you will be free of your spam invasion for a little while.

(Please let us know when you are clear, so that e-mailing you is
possible?)
..
In message 2FG0k.190158$yE1.28126@attbi_s21, KJ
writes
I'm going to Texas tomorrow! I won't be checking the newsgroup for a couple
weeks, so y'all be good. I'm going to visit my mother who is having some
health issues. I'm starting some of the preliminary clean out of some of her
stuff. She has a LOT of stuff. You wouldn't believe....... I won't even
make a dent. But at some point this will have to be done, whether it's now
or ten years from now when I will feel even LESS like doing it!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 2nd 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

that's great!

we have Adirondack chairs here. Some are quite beautiful. in fact i
have a calendar of them.

Good luck with the hoeing out! i still cant get my parents to part
with anything. but they talk about having a garage sale all the time.

amy in CNY
Old June 2nd 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

St. Paul, MN, (Charles Shulz' home town) had Peanuts characters a few
years ago. We saw cows in New Glarus, WI, a few years ago. My favorite,
though, was in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, in 2001. They used statues of the
couple from the American Gothic painting, because Grant Wood lived and
worked in that area. Cedar Rapids is actually quite a nice little city
in which to spend a couple days. They have an art museum with a large
collection of Grant Wood's work and a wonderful Czech-Slovak history
museum. They are also near the Amana colonies.

Julia in MN

NightMist wrote:
It is becoming quite a popular thing.
The first I ever heard of it was the pigs in Cinncinati.
There are moose in Toronto, buffalo in Buffalo, fish in Erie PA and so
on. Our Ash's pediatrician's office bought one of Buffalo's buffalo.
They have it in their airlock.

NightMist

On Sat, 31 May 2008 21:55:08 -0800, "steve"
wrote:

Hi

Every year in the winter Anchorage chooses 30 or so people that they give
fiberglass salmon to, to be decorated. They are then placed around town and
at the end of summer are auctioned off for charity. Many years there has
been one that seems to have a quilty theme to it. If memory serves me
right, something like this is done in or near the Gatlinburg area. It might
have been somewhere else but they used Bears I think.

http://www.wildsalmononparade.com/

Really fun to see.

Steven
Alaska

"Kate G." wrote in message
. ..
if you live in Texas....

You'll love this!

http://www.ymb.net/cowspotting/houston/4-36.jpg

A calico cow! What else!!

--
Kate in MI

-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/
-----------

Old June 2nd 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default Kathyl, was If you love quilts... and love cows.... OR

In article 2FG0k.190158$yE1.28126@attbi_s21,
"KJ" wrote:

I'm going to Texas tomorrow! I won't be checking the newsgroup for a couple
weeks, so y'all be good. I'm going to visit my mother who is having some
health issues. I'm starting some of the preliminary clean out of some of her
stuff. She has a LOT of stuff. You wouldn't believe....... I won't even
make a dent. But at some point this will have to be done, whether it's now
or ten years from now when I will feel even LESS like doing it!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Best of luck with the clean-out, Kathyl! I don't envy you, since I know
very well that we have a major clean-out coming up in the future. MIL
has just turned 88, and she refuses to organize any of the photos or
mementos in her home. She says she'll just leave it for us after she's
gone. Ack!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old June 2nd 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Stash raid!! If someone will pick me up, I'll supply the Smart Card for
tolls. .... And chocolate, but that goes without saying, yes?

--
Pat

Old June 4th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Pensacola, Fl has pelicans.

--
Donna in NE La.
"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
In Norfolk, Virginia, the theme is/was Mermaids. That was a few years ago
.... I don't know how many are still on display.

--
Pat
"MB" wrote in message
mountainaccess...
steve....Are the decorated salmon already on display? I've seen
decorated horses in Saratoga Springs NY...pigs in Brandon VT as well
as rocking chairs and also in Vermont large artist's palettes a couple of
years ago.
I remember a few of those were on display at a quilt show there.
I ask because I'm going to be in Anchorage soon and would be looking
for them ! Thanks, Mary

Old June 6th 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lenore L

The Washington Coast also has pelicans (Gray Pelicans). Don't know how far
north they range. They are so magnificent!

"Donna in NE La." wrote in message
. ..
Pensacola, Fl has pelicans.

Old June 6th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

they have regular pelicans too. But these are big painted ones done by local
artists all around downtown Pensacola. They made small figurines of the big
ones and are selling those.

--
Donna in NE La.
. ..

"MB" wrote in message
mountainaccess...
steve....Are the decorated salmon already on display? I've seen
decorated horses in Saratoga Springs NY...pigs in Brandon VT as well
as rocking chairs and also in Vermont large artist's palettes a couple
of
years ago.
I remember a few of those were on display at a quilt show there.
I ask because I'm going to be in Anchorage soon and would be looking
for them ! Thanks, Mary

Great Place Store to Give your love.....love....iloveu.... [email protected] Quilting 0 February 14th 08 01:49 AM
Love Love Love Making Bags! joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 8 December 4th 07 05:24 PM
love quilts Donna D. Needlework 3 June 6th 07 09:38 PM
I love this pig in the tub but i also love the purple swirls beads Vicky Beads 2 May 29th 07 11:01 PM
Love quilts, no time to sew any more... quiltlady Quilting 8 April 7th 06 02:54 AM