Cross Stitcher magazine

Old February 24th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Cross Stitcher magazine

I used to subscribe to Cross Stitcher magazine, when it was part of
Clapper Publishing. I got one in the mail yesterday, with a notice
that they want me back as a subscriber. Now I see it's part of Amos
Craft Publishing. I didn't know that. And it seems like half the
magazine is Amos Advantage trying to sell craft supplies. Their price
for DMC is .38/skein. I'll wait till WalMart has it on sale for 4 or
5 for $1. The 4/07 issue had 15 new designs, 3 were for Easter, 2 for
St Patrick's Day. Not alot of variety, IMO.

When did the change to Amos happen? I'm not real impressed with it.
What does everyone else think?

Audrey

Old February 25th 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/24/07 5:39 PM, in article ,
"Brenda Lewis" wrote:

http://www.journal-topics.com/busine...z060315.1.html

Amos bought Clapper last March. I lost interest in The Cross Stitcher
several years ago. Sounds like it

I quit even opening it at Barnes and Noble! BORING

Cheryl

Old February 26th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jenn

On Feb 24, 12:51 pm, " wrote:
I used to subscribe to Cross Stitcher magazine, when it was part of
Clapper Publishing. I got one in the mail yesterday, with a notice
that they want me back as a subscriber. Now I see it's part of Amos
Craft Publishing. I didn't know that. And it seems like half the
magazine is Amos Advantage trying to sell craft supplies. Their price
for DMC is .38/skein. I'll wait till WalMart has it on sale for 4 or
5 for $1. The 4/07 issue had 15 new designs, 3 were for Easter, 2 for
St Patrick's Day. Not alot of variety, IMO.

When did the change to Amos happen? I'm not real impressed with it.
What does everyone else think?

Audrey

I'm still a subscriber because I was in the middle of a multi-year
deal when the change took place. And I've barely looked at it since
then. I won't be renewing.

Jenn L. in Chicago

Old February 26th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jeri

Jenn wrote:

I'm still a subscriber because I was in the middle of a multi-year
deal when the change took place. And I've barely looked at it since
then. I won't be renewing.

If you seriously don't care for it any longer you should check to see if you
can cancel your subscription and get your remaining money refunded. Put it
toward a subscription to a magazine you'll enjoy.
--
Jeri
"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines."

Old February 26th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Put it
toward a subscription to a magazine you'll enjoy.

Just this morning I subscribed to what I think is a **great** newish,
innovative, web-based cross stitching magazine coming out of
Australia:

http://www.thegiftofstitching.com/

Among other delights, they're running a multi-part mystey sampler from
Long Dog.

HTH
Annie in Portland

Old February 26th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 2/26/07 11:50 AM, "
wrote:

Put it
toward a subscription to a magazine you'll enjoy.

Just this morning I subscribed to what I think is a **great** newish,
innovative, web-based cross stitching magazine coming out of
Australia:

http://www.thegiftofstitching.com/

Among other delights, they're running a multi-part mystey sampler from
Long Dog.

HTH
Annie in Portland

You enabler, you! I had been meaning to do the subscription, and, well,
since I was sitting up here arguing with the HOA business office, etc-
seemed like a good treat to do it. So, I just did. As if I needed this
-well. And bought a couple of back issues that had something I wanted (not
to mention part 1 of the Long Dog mystery sampler).

ellice

Uk The Cross Stitcher magazine Jan 06 freebie Eeyore Laury Walkey Needlework 4 March 29th 06 09:34 PM
New Cross Stitcher lucretia borgia Needlework 5 January 11th 06 06:32 PM
Cross Stitcher Magazine subscription question Jenn Liace Needlework 4 March 28th 05 06:49 PM
UK Cross-stitcher Suzanne Needlework 8 April 9th 04 06:23 PM
The Cross Stitcher - US magazine Mira Needlework 0 January 31st 04 08:54 PM