Beady Thanks and OT (Six Flags)

Old May 15th 04, 01:41 PM
Beadbimbo

Default Beady Thanks and OT (Six Flags)

Many thanks to everyone for the comments and advice from the other day.
It's so helpful to get some different perspectives.

I'm behind on my mail, and have a busy weekend, so I won't be around much.
I survived a trip to Six Flags yesterday. I think I'm getting too old for
some of these rides! My friend's 13 yr. old son talked me into riding the
Superman roller coaster with him. If you haven't gone upside down in a
roller coaster ON YOUR STOMACH, you've missed quite an experience. I told
my friend that I've had people code on me and I've had people die on me, but
I've never as scared as I was on that ride. I think I need a Superman
t-shirt now. I feel like a survivor.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old May 15th 04, 09:30 PM
BeckiBead

If you haven't gone upside down in a
roller coaster ON YOUR STOMACH, you've missed quite an experience.

Lord, save me from that one!

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old May 15th 04, 10:30 PM
KDK

Yikes! I don't think you could pay me enough to ride that! Heck I'm not
even sure if there enough Swarovskis to get me on it!

Kathy K

Old May 15th 04, 11:22 PM
starlia

I am such a roller coaster junky. There aren't enough upside downs for me.
You get that moment of weightlessness if you are going fast enough like you
are in space. Did you feel that? So freaking cool. I'll go roller
coasting all week long if someone wants to go with me. DH has never ridden
one and refuses to ride them.

Old May 16th 04, 02:06 AM
Beadbimbo

I think I'm getting old or something. I've started to get dizzy on some
rides. I used to love the swings, but thought I was going to pass out, at
first, when I got on that one. I thought, great, here I did the Superman,
but I was going to faint and they were going to have to stop the ride and
pull my limp body out of the swing!

I used to LOVE roller coasters, but I'm wondering if those days may be
numbered!

What was funny was when we were in lines for other rides, we'd here these
kids (always boys, usually around 12 or so) talking about some of the roller
coaster and I'd turn and ask them about that one (there's a bunch at 6
flags) and then I'd ask them if they'd done the Superman or if it was a
scary as the Superman, and they'd tell me they hadn't done it and were so
impressed that I had. Lol!

And, after doing that thing, we'd look at some of the other rides we'd been
afraid of and go, "You know, that really doesn't look so bad.........."

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old May 16th 04, 05:47 AM
Karen_AZ

I can't stand rides that go in a circle. Even carousels make me a little
wobbly. But I LOVE anything that goes fast and forward! Coasters rock!!!!
When they stop being fun, it may be time to make my final bow.

KarenK

Old May 16th 04, 07:20 AM
Dr. Sooz

I am such a roller coaster junky. There aren't enough upside downs for me.
You get that moment of weightlessness if you are going fast enough like you
are in space. Did you feel that? So freaking cool. I'll go roller
coasting all week long if someone wants to go with me. DH has never ridden
one and refuses to ride them.

I love them I love them I LOVE them. I had to quit them when I injured my back
in '87. Dammit! What a groove they are.
:-D
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 16th 04, 09:51 AM
AmazeR

On Sat, 15 May 2004 08:41:24 -0400, Beadbimbo wrote:
snip

I've never as scared as I was on that ride. I think I need a Superman
t-shirt now. I feel like a survivor.

Heehee... you reminded me of that time.... I was an idiot and stood at
the end of a runway when a plane was landing! I never hit the dirt so
fast in my life LOL and vowed and declared I would NEVER do that EVER
again! DH thinks it was so cool and cracks up laughing every time he is
reminded of it... Says all he can remember is the soles of my feet!

Mavis

Old May 16th 04, 09:35 PM
AmazeR

On Sun, 16 May 2004 08:43:17 -0400, Beadbimbo wrote:

Lol! I think that would would have done me in!

Damn near did me in! LOL I seriously put my neck out that night...

It was this lone air field at the back of beyond - no lights or anything.
The air ambulance was coming in and we had to go and put out the lanterns
to guide it in.. Needless to say, those lanterns don't put out much light
and some bright spark thought if we drove to the end of the runway and
shone the headlights down the runway then the plane could land easier.
However, that posed a slight problem because the tail - lights are red!
not green! and red lights indicate that the plane is at the wrong end of
the runway.... so guess who volunteered to stand in front of the red
tail-lights!

Now, in the black pitch of night, imagine this plane drone and seeing
these blinking lights coming towards you.. getting closer.. getting
closer.. getting very close.. OMG I'M GONNA DIE TONIGHT!!!!!

Scared the living crap outta me, it did!! I seriously can't think of
anything I have ever done to equal it in fear value.

Mavis