A totally off-the-wall question but not 'really' OT either...

Old October 7th 03, 08:50 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default A totally off-the-wall question but not 'really' OT either...

Hi group!
Remember when lots of ladies owned MANY wigs? They were kept on
those styrofoam 'heads' (stands).
Where can I get two or three of these in a hurry?
Reason: I'd like to use them for displaying Mobius at the Mile-
Long-Yard-Sale.
TIA,
Hugs,
Noreen
--
STRIP *tease* to email me.
Old October 7th 03, 09:10 PM
Anna MCM

Noreen's Knit*che wrote:

Hi group!
Remember when lots of ladies owned MANY wigs? They were kept on
those styrofoam 'heads' (stands).
Where can I get two or three of these in a hurry?
Reason: I'd like to use them for displaying Mobius at the Mile-
Long-Yard-Sale.

Hi Noreen!

Try to ask a hairdresser shop, maybe one being in exercise since long
time. Maybe they donīt have anymore, but can direct you to someone who
has.
This reminds me of the way a Polish shop solved the same problem after
1989: they used Leninīs heads. It was for Oriental turbans... very funny
effect!

I found this page:

http://www.kc-store-fixtures.com/dis...foam_heads.htm

I had found other pages as well, but this one looks the cheapest one.

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old October 7th 03, 09:30 PM
Aud

Anna Maria, I really would like to have one of those Lenin heads! LOL!
AUD :-)

--

"Anna MCM" skrev i melding

Old October 7th 03, 11:10 PM
Yarn Forward

I have seen them in shops that sell shop fitting and fixtures. Try the Yellow
pages in your area.

Roger.

Noreen's Knit*che wrote:
Hi group!
Remember when lots of ladies owned MANY wigs? They were kept on
those styrofoam 'heads' (stands).
Where can I get two or three of these in a hurry?
Reason: I'd like to use them for displaying Mobius at the Mile-
Long-Yard-Sale.
TIA,
Hugs,
Noreen

--
Yarn Forward
Your On Line Yarn Store
http://www.yarnforward.com

Old October 7th 03, 11:48 PM
Karen

Photography supply stores sometimes carry "heads" -- not styrofoam, but
plastic, flesh-colored and with eyes and noses and all that painted on them.
They are used to set up lighting for portraits.

t...

Old October 8th 03, 04:30 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Hee Noreen open phone book on Hairdresser Supplies , and sometimes art
shops got them ,,,, just in case you don`t find them , use a balloon
for head and a clothes hange for shoulders ,.,,,, cover with Nylon
pantyhose and shape into head + shoulders ,
mirjam

Old October 8th 03, 02:41 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Mirjam, I never thought of using a balloon!!
Perfect!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP *tease* to email me.

---

Old October 9th 03, 04:48 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

You are welcome needing something one can`t buy , makes all this ideas
pop up , Noreen !!!!
mirjam '
wrote:

Mirjam, I never thought of using a balloon!!
Perfect!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP *tease* to email me.

---

mosiac tiling on outside wall? doug General Crafting 3 November 18th 04 07:54 PM
Design wall? Sandy Foster Quilting 19 June 10th 04 12:09 AM
How to Display Fused Glass Pieces on a Wall Jeff or Lori Hultman Glass 3 February 14th 04 09:23 PM
Banging my head on the design wall frood Quilting 21 November 7th 03 09:08 PM
wall sconce question ariadne Glass 0 October 28th 03 06:25 PM