Ping Leslie/furbabies: OT caramel recipe question

Old October 4th 09, 01:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

Default Ping Leslie/furbabies: OT caramel recipe question

It was a dark and dreary day, perfect for candy making. The caramels
are divine! As there are only two of us in the house now, how long do
you think these will keep? I have them wrapped in plastic wrap in a
Tupperware container. Should I refridgerate them or just store in the
cupboard? We travel to see our son in a couple of weeks and I'll take
some to him if they keep that long.

When I went to buy the corn syrup, I was amazed to see several brands
with water in the ingredients. I never would have noticed that
before! So, Karo it is and all I can say, is WOW, they are
addicting! Thank you so much for the recipe. Donna
Old October 4th 09, 02:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

I certainly think they will keep a couple of weeks- I ship them to Pat on
her hill in the UK and they take over a week to get there and I know she
doesn't eat them all immediately. ;-) I wouldn't refrigerate them-
they'd get terribly hard- but would soften up again at room temp, I guess.
I just never thought about it.

And they seldom last a couple of weeks! LOL So glad you like them- it's a
treasured recipe!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old October 4th 09, 07:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

They do last well over two weeks, in a cool larder. I ration myself to
a tiny few a day! I endorse the 'not refrigerating' them. I would have
to suck them for half a day, then, I should think! I daren't chew them
- so they last a good long while - just sucking carefully (until the
last small piece!!).
..
In message , Leslie& The Furbabies
in MO. writes