Legit site or spam haven

Old January 22nd 09, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Default Legit site or spam haven

I've been web surfing and stumbled upon a site that has freebies. Has anyone
subscribed to http://cross-stitchers-club.com/?
--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old January 22nd 09, 04:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Becky A

anne wrote:
I've been web surfing and stumbled upon a site that has freebies. Has anyone
subscribed to http://cross-stitchers-club.com/?

That site resulted in a mega-catfight on a private group I belong to. A
few people reported it as being spammy.

Becky A.
Old January 23rd 09, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

This site is a headache. I joined on 8/26/08. Tried to go on in Nov,
but I couldn't sign in, so I e-mailed them. They said I cancelled my
membership on 8/27/08. Now why would I cancel the day after I
joined? But they also gave me instructions on how to sign in. I was
unable to try for another week or so, but when I did, it once again
said it didn't know me by the sign-in name I had in my notes, the same
name they told me a week ago would work. So I got the brilliant idea
of rejoining, used the same name I already had, and the response was,
"nope, can't use that name, we already have a member by that name".
Yeah..... ME! So I made up a totally new name and rejoined under
that.

I got one freebie for joining, but then I found out you need points
for more freebies. To earn points, you must give them e-mail
addresses of other stitchers (which they will verify and try to get
them to join), or give them your cell phone number so they can send
you text messages about their products, or you have to agree they can
send you lots of e-mails about their products, or you have to make
their site your Web home page, or you have to send them pictures of
one of their charts that you stitched. I did none of the above. Oh,
and then you have to pay $10 a month to be a member! So it's not a
freebie site after all.

So don't get caught up in this.

Audrey