Just curious

Old August 11th 03, 02:49 PM
Ophelia

Default Just curious

"Norma" wrote in message
.. .
Is there a reason that air-conditioners aren't used in the UK?

Our weather doesn't usually justify them

Old August 11th 03, 03:38 PM
Norma

Thanks Ophelia. I've always wondered.

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)
"Ophelia" wrote in message

.. .

Old August 11th 03, 07:44 PM
JW

"Cozit/Liz" wrote in message

Thank goodness for AC.... even if it doesn't work nearly as well for our
second floor!

You might try doing what we do. Close all of your 1st floor vents and open
all the 2nd floor. Cool air falls and will pass through the upstairs
floorboards to your downstairs. Our house is uniformly cool all
summer...and we don't have to keep it set really low so the upstairs is
cooled off too.

Just my 2 cents,
Jenn

Old August 14th 03, 04:15 AM
Els van Dam

In article ,
wrote:

snip snip

but this is about 2 feet
square. I keep meaning to check at one of those places that makes magnetic
signs for trucks. I'm sure I've seen signs that big.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Helen,

Otto watches "This Old House" , every Sunday....I bet they would have a
good answer for your problem, they would know if there is indeed magnetic
plastic that large available. They also publish a magazine, have a look
next time when you are in a bookstore. The other source to get a good
answer from is "Fine House Building" and Fine Wood Working" from Tantum
press, out your way somewhere. They also give you good answers. Otto
used both magazines, while he was building this house.

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

curious question DrQuilter Quilting 116 September 19th 04 11:24 PM
British Embroidery Curious Works from the Seventeenth Century BDS2pds Needlework 0 March 5th 04 09:16 PM
Curious Cat Pat P Needlework 0 February 15th 04 04:26 PM
Just curious... Carolyn McCarty Quilting 17 November 11th 03 11:32 AM