Butterfly's Wings (another FAQ)

Old October 17th 03, 04:48 PM
Butterfly

Default Butterfly's Wings (another FAQ)

Stolen from the archives:

A little bit about Butterfly's Wings, mostly for the Newbies, who've not
been here long enough to know what we're talking about. Butterfly has
had a wounded Wing, but even then, she was known to "lend" her Wings,
when some of us (we do care a great DEAL about each other, here) to
those who were having wing-trouble.

I've SEEN Butterfly's Wings, and what they can do. Sometimes, her Wings
are translucent, with the hint of a soft summer sunrise peeking through
the gossamer as they flutter. Sometimes, Butterfly's Wings are the
texture (and color), in each separate pane of them, of kitten-fur, the
down of fuzzy baby-chicks, a happy-fuzzy leaf or a pussy-willow as it
greets the springtime. I've seen Butterfly's Wings heavy with the
glitter of sunshine; dripping with the soft-silver of the rain; and
soaring along with a double rainbow.
But don't think Butterfly's wings are always (or perhaps ever) as
fragile as a summer dawn. Not a bit. I've heard the deep thunder of
Butterfly's wings-of-purple . I've heard the HISSSSSS of Butterfly's
fiery Wings, as they've beat down another demon -- or helped lift
another quilter. There is as much STEEL in these Wings as there is
silk.

The cool thing about Butterfly's wings, Folks (and somethig Butterfly
hasn't quite realized, yet, I don't think) is that those wings are
divisible (but never get smaller); and stretch-able (but get no thinner,
and no less strong). They are ALWAYS the right color. ALWAYS the
perfect shape for Maximum Lift. And they never, ever, have to be "cut
to fit."

Because, you see, Butterfly's Wings are made of the strongest substance
ever known: LOVE.

Now, don't anyone get the idea that Butterfly's Wings are infinite,
simply to be used (and they must NEVER be asked for, for yourself) at
every little setback -- or even some of the big ones (Butterfly must
have SOME control over her Wings -- after all -- they ARE Butterfly's
Wings).

And so, Butterfly, Marny and Karen may keep your Wings as long as they
need them, AND send them to Rita. No, it makes no sense to overwork
Butterfly's Wings -- and we all know that even Magic Wings (LOVE really
IS the ultimate Magic, after all) cannot stretch to infinity.

Meanwhile, it seems to me that we CAN sort of keep an eye out for, well,
..... Butterfly fabric, and keep some on hand ... in case Butterfly's
Wings are looking a little peaked, or beating a little slowly -- and
send that along as well (or sometimes, in lieu of, if those Wings are
really BUSY -- the thought is the same). That's what Butterfly
suggested to me (I sent her some butterflies, when one of her Wings was
out of commission), in this post. I shall do that. Although I KNOW
those Wings will ST-R-E-E-E-E-T-T-T-C-C-H-H, a little bit of help can't
hurt, either.
Happy Trails,
Sarah in Las Cruces, NM

Old October 18th 03, 04:35 PM
Royce

Thanks for this bit about your wings, dear Butterfly from Sarah. If I had
my head about me, I'd write something about Sarah's Hearts of Gold. Right
now, though, I have a major ear infection that has ruptured the eardrum, and
it has effected the performance of my grey matter. Yes, I really do have a
whole in my head, as some people have thought for many years.

We are all very fortunate to have each other here. My God continue to bless
us all!

Love,
--
Royce
A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Old October 18th 03, 06:31 PM
Butterfly

Whispering

now you, my dear,
go easy

dd had this as a child--and I can empathize with what you are now going
thru.
go s l o w l y so you won't get dizzy. she didn't ( 5 yr olds don't want
to go s l o w )--and fell--talk about a shiner. she did get pretty
excited about the hole in the head-dr had a good rapport with
kidlets--said not to worry she was still growing and whatever fell out
could and would grow back.......at least that made her giggle a bit.

may be best if you just sit here and read all about us instead of doing.
very lite butterfly kisses
butterfly

Dove wings The Zieber's Polymer Clay 0 January 20th 04 03:05 PM
Help!!! rice beads & angel wings RadioStmpr Beads 2 October 7th 03 08:12 PM
Fairy Wings & Solar Plates Katherine Dewey Polymer Clay 6 August 16th 03 03:00 PM
ad> wings....tatercat Dr. Sooz Beads 0 August 7th 03 07:35 AM
ad> Wings...looking for a body...tatercat Rachel T. Beads 17 July 23rd 03 01:15 AM