Glaze research

Old November 19th 03, 03:43 AM
Anne Mossman

Default Glaze research

I am doing research as part of a university (distance) ceramics course and
wondered if anybody can point me in the direction of internet based
information on glazes, their history, development etc. The glaze I have
chosen is tomato red but if I can't find much about it I'll research
something else.

Anne

Old November 19th 03, 07:48 AM
Uncle John

"Anne Mossman" wrote in
:

I am doing research as part of a university (distance) ceramics course
and wondered if anybody can point me in the direction of internet
based information on glazes, their history, development etc. The glaze
I have chosen is tomato red but if I can't find much about it I'll
research something else.

Anne

Hello Anne

I have just finished a first year glaze course from Otago Polytech.

If you would like to email me at

with your query, what temperature you are going to fire to and what you
are looking to achieve and what software programme you are using I may be
able to point you in the right direction

All the best

John Webb
Auckland
New Zealand
Old November 30th 03, 07:08 PM
Rita

Hello Anne,

There are a fair amount of web sites that have information on glazes, one of the best is http://grafik.sdsu.edu/ceramicsweb/ compliled by Richard Burkett. I went to the "ClayArt Glazes" link and did a search on the name "Tomato Red" and found a number of links.

Good luck,
Fred Wilbur,
Warm Stone Studio
Nashua NH
www.warmstonestudio.com

glas FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 0 October 16th 03 07:50 PM
Glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 1 September 18th 03 04:16 PM
glaze FAQ's Tom Buck Pottery 0 August 18th 03 01:26 AM
for the glaze gurus Clayslinger Pottery 4 July 25th 03 10:58 PM
glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 0 July 18th 03 05:40 AM