OT And away we go!

Old August 25th 12, 05:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT And away we go!

Mr. Esther, the ants and the nearest oil refinery believe that Hurricane
Isaac is aiming for us. We know the drill about batteries, prescriptions and
full gas tanks. That part is easy. Cooking the good stuff in the freezer
since we may not be able to 'hold' it is easy. Herding 8,500 gators to
safety? Priceless. Herding cats with a can of tuna and a portable
battery-operated can opener is no problem - but gators? My golly. NOT
easy. Please send me your incompetent doctors, vampires and insurance
adjustors asap. The need is desperate. We will even be grateful for a few
whiney-pot complainers and some just plain bores. Polly

Old August 25th 12, 06:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

Den 25-08-2012 06:02, Polly Esther skrev:
Mr. Esther, the ants and the nearest oil refinery believe that Hurricane
Isaac is aiming for us. We know the drill about batteries, prescriptions
and full gas tanks. That part is easy. Cooking the good stuff in the
freezer since we may not be able to 'hold' it is easy. Herding 8,500
gators to safety? Priceless. Herding cats with a can of tuna and a
portable battery-operated can opener is no problem - but gators? My
golly. NOT easy. Please send me your incompetent doctors, vampires and
insurance adjustors asap. The need is desperate. We will even be
grateful for a few whiney-pot complainers and some just plain bores. Polly

What's the deadline? I'd contribute about 6-8 people from my broadband
provider, but they'd have a fair distance to travel, and I'd have to
round them up first.

Maybe you could used canned chicken for the gators?

In any case, stay safe, and report back when you can.

Hanne in DK
Old August 25th 12, 07:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

I hope things don't get as bad as you fear, Polly.
I haven't been hearing the news for the last few days; we usually get
reports of your major hurricanes, so I can check.
Stay safe.
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old August 25th 12, 07:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Could I send you the entire Spanish government, most of the regional
and local politicians, and about 95% of what calls itself journalist
in this country? That should feed your gators!

Actually, maybe Isaac will just blow them all away to nowhereland and
then we NORMAL people can start over....

Claudia
Old August 25th 12, 10:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Oh my, that time of year again! Be safe, be dry.
(We actually had a very nice insurance adjustor experience recently,
so you can't have that one.)
Roberta in D

Old August 25th 12, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

This morning, Mr. Esther has pin-pointed landfall between Key West and New
Orleans. Isn't he wonderful? Polly
"Louise in Iowa" nieland1390@mchsidotcom wrote in message
DH and I were watching the news last night, and when they showed Isaac's
predicted path, we both said, "Polly's gonna' get it." I don't have any
doctors, vampires or insurance adjustors to send, but I can think of a few
political professionals I'd be happy to donate to the cause! Stay safe.

Old August 25th 12, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I was thinking of Rita and her Martin and then you and Mr. Esther as the
path of the storm comes closer. We'll all be thinking of you folks and
keeping our fingers crossed for that storm to fizzle out. You all be
safe.
Hugs, Taria

Old August 25th 12, 08:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Hope you safely ride this one out!
Barbara in SC

Old August 27th 12, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Yogi has invited one beagle and one dachy to shelter here. Gonna be one
heck of a crowd on the sewing machine table. Some kin coming too but
they're just people and probably won't have to rest beside the Bernina. I'm
waiting for a roast turkey to chill a little; it was cook it or lose it if
we lose electricity. We hope to do a little last minute grocery shopping in
the morning.
Friend with newborn asked me how I would warm a baby bottle if there was
no power. I told her if I was desperate, I'd start the car and warm a pan
of water on the engine. That ought to work, don't you think?

Old August 27th 12, 04:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathyl

Breast milk is always the right temperature. OK...sorry....couldn't resist. I'd probably just hold it under my arm pit until it's room temp.
Good luck with the groceries. If I were to be shut in by a hurricane, I'm pretty sure I'd like to do it at YOUR house!