today's eye candy

Old August 22nd 11, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

Default today's eye candy

Polly,

What do you think of this "deal"? The offer arrived from a local sewing
machine store by email today........

To be sold for Charity 100% of proceeds goes to
The Center for Courageous Kids

Baby Lock BMP9 Embroidery Professional Plus

Go to http://www.babylock.com/embroidery/e...fessionalplus/ to
see all the great features on the BMP9.

MSRP $11,229.99
1 week only to be sold for $6999.99, new in box.
Save $4230.00

Once in a lifetime opportunity to buy a 6 needle Baby Lock embroidery
machine at a fraction of its retail. And the money all goes to The Center
for Courageous Kids. Onlly 1 will be sold for this event. Call or stop in
today for details. Help us help these seriously ill children. Thank you
for your support.

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Now There's an Interesting notion. Makes me wonder just how many hours an
SM made today can be reasonably expected to last. I know, I know. There
are Singers and others a hundred years old or more that are still going
but they weren't made with plastic and computer board things.
I did put about a million miles on a beloved Bernina 1230 before she
went quite goofy. She stitches for DDIL now - who only does straight
stitches and they are fast friends.
Maybe I'm going to *need* a new sm soon. I might could make somebody
believe that. Polly

"Donna" wrote in message
A customer of my sewing machine dealer does work like this. When she
traded in her machine, I heard the dealer say that she had so many
hours on it there was no way they could resell the machine!

Donna in Idaho

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 11:07:04 +0200, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open..._playback_link

If you think quilters don't need machine embroidery stitches, have a
look!
Roberta in D

Old August 22nd 11, 11:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

In good conscience, I feel it's my Duty to save $ 4,230.00. LOL.
OTOH, I can just barely function with a simply l-needle embroidery
machine. Those 'big girl' toys scare the stuffing out of me. Y'all just
carry on and I'll be the cheering squad. Polly

Old August 25th 11, 07:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 11:07:04 +0200, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open..._playback_link

If you think quilters don't need machine embroidery stitches, have a
look!
Roberta in D

Here's one way she may have done it.... Pfaff has a new machine out
with a system called "Shape Creato Applique," which is all done in
the embroidery hoop. "this sewing and embroidery machine automatically
places the stitch or design of your choice around the entire shape.
All you have to do is trim away the fabric – and you’re done."

-Irene
Old August 25th 11, 07:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:21:28 -0400, IMS wrote:

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 11:07:04 +0200, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open..._playback_link

If you think quilters don't need machine embroidery stitches, have a
look!
Roberta in D

Here's one way she may have done it.... Pfaff has a new machine out
with a system called "Shape Creato Applique," which is all done in
the embroidery hoop. "this sewing and embroidery machine automatically
places the stitch or design of your choice around the entire shape.
All you have to do is trim away the fabric – and you’re done."

-Irene

Sorry, forgot to include the URL!

http://www.pfaff.com/ca/en/31398_31410.html
Old August 25th 11, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

Den 25-08-2011 20:22, IMS skrev:
On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:21:28 -0400, IMS wrote:

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 11:07:04 +0200, RobertaRoberta@Home wrote:

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open..._playback_link

If you think quilters don't need machine embroidery stitches, have a
look!
Roberta in D

Here's one way she may have done it.... Pfaff has a new machine out
with a system called "Shape Creato Applique," which is all done in
the embroidery hoop. "this sewing and embroidery machine automatically
places the stitch or design of your choice around the entire shape.
All you have to do is trim away the fabric – and you’re done."

-Irene

Sorry, forgot to include the URL!

http://www.pfaff.com/ca/en/31398_31410.html

That is pretty darned smart - if I had a machine like that, I would use
this feature.

For those not bothered to look up the manual: you choose from some
pre-programmed shapes, straight stitch on the background fabric, line up
the applique to cover the straight stitch and attach the applique with
another line of sewing (could be with a fancy stitch, made to fit).
Well, that was my understanding, glancing the one'page description in
the manual.

Hanne in DK

Eye candy! Jinx Minx Needlework 2 January 24th 09 11:54 PM
Eye candy... Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 8 August 15th 06 03:53 AM
How about some eye candy? [email protected] Beads 2 July 7th 06 08:32 PM
Eye candy - did you see THIS??? Kandice Seeber Beads 6 January 23rd 05 06:12 AM
Eye Candy starlia Beads 4 October 28th 04 05:42 PM