FIRE!!

Old June 24th 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

Default FIRE!!

Hope Vicki in Paradise is OK

Tina

Old June 25th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Jun 24, 9:59 am, "Christina Peterson" wrote:
Hope Vicki in Paradise is OK

Tina

got updates?

Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
Old June 25th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
~Candace~

She's surrounded by the fires, but is okay as far as I know--busy
helping out with the HAM radio.

~Candace~
http://duet.etsy.com
http://duetsupplies.etsy.com

Christina Peterson wrote:
Hope Vicki in Paradise is OK

Tina

Old June 27th 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

Vicki has moved to Yuba City, so she not right in the middle of the fire.
Paradise is OK too. Laura and Bill Rasmussen's (Razberi Beads) son is
fighting fires in Calif. And my mother is surrounded by fire, the Lime
complex fires (70 lightning strikes burning 12,000 acres), in the far north
of Calif in the Trinity Shasta National Forest. She's up there alone, with
no electric or phone (even cell or satellite) available, and unable to
drive. Stubborn old woman!

Here in Alaska, we just got our first significant fire. That one is at my
niece's village. But we're having a good season, a wet June, so most of our
fire fighters are "Outside" (of Alaska).

Tina

Old June 27th 08, 07:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Jun 26, 5:13 pm, "Christina Peterson" wrote:
Vicki has moved to Yuba City, so she not right in the middle of the fire.
Paradise is OK too. Laura and Bill Rasmussen's (Razberi Beads) son is
fighting fires in Calif. And my mother is surrounded by fire, the Lime
complex fires (70 lightning strikes burning 12,000 acres), in the far north
of Calif in the Trinity Shasta National Forest. She's up there alone, with
no electric or phone (even cell or satellite) available, and unable to
drive. Stubborn old woman!

Thanks Tina. I hope your mother is OK and gets through this OK.

Maren
Old June 28th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Annie Bauer

Tina, I have thought about your mom and you this week. The fires are
horrid, and smoke is quiite unhealthy. Can barely see across the river today
as the winds shifted yet again. Last update I heard regarding Paradise is
that they are trying to build a dozer line around the town. The lightning
storm that triggered all these fires was the worst I have seen here, and
ignited literally hundreds of "sleeper" fires that smoldered quite sometime
before bursting out. Today we ht 107 degrees, and have the possibility of
more dry lighting looming over us.

--
Annie
acbauer@sbcglobal

Old June 28th 08, 07:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

"Maren at google" wrote in message
On Jun 26, 5:13 pm, "Christina Peterson" wrote:
Vicki has moved to Yuba City, so she not right in the middle of the

fire.
Paradise is OK too. Laura and Bill Rasmussen's (Razberi Beads) son is
fighting fires in Calif. And my mother is surrounded by fire, the Lime
complex fires (70 lightning strikes burning 12,000 acres), in the far

north
of Calif in the Trinity Shasta National Forest. She's up there alone,

with
no electric or phone (even cell or satellite) available, and unable to
drive. Stubborn old woman!

Thanks Tina. I hope your mother is OK and gets through this OK.

Maren

I wish she would go back to town, but she'll probably want to "protect her
property". I'll feel better when I know someone has checked up on her. The
fire has doubled in size since yesterday morning.

Mothers!!!

Tina

Old June 28th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

Thanks for thinking of me. I understand that there's more dry lightning
expected this weekend, but I don't see a new report this morning.

I check to fire reports for the Shasta Trinity Forest first thing every day.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/shastatrinit...ns/index.shtml

Are you safe from fires at this time? The valley there must be just choked
with smoke now. That and 107 degrees must be miserable.

I feel so lucky to be in this cooler Alaskan summer weather. It's raining
today, so I'm baking Pete some of his medicinal muffins. Just enough heat
to chase the humid chill. Our fire of the season here is in Arctic Village
where my niece is from, but the rest of our fire fighters are in Calif.

Are you doing well? and your daughter?

For me, even if I bitch occasionally, life is good. I am so blessed to have
Pete. And I'm so glad he'll be at my side when we go to Susie's wedding in
Sedona. My ex will be there and I know Pete's presence will keep me happy
and prevent me from telling Steve what an ass I think he is for refusing to
help Susie with her wedding expenses, after he inherited a couple million
from his parents!!!!

I'm bead crocheting her a small white bag and making other stuff for the
wedding. She's marrying such a nice man.

Tina

Old June 30th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

They have finally posted a map showing not only the locations of the fires,
but also the extend of them. Mom has a couple large fires within 10 miles
in 3 directions, and several small ones within 5 miles, plus more lightning
strikes within a couple miles. But she's out of the most dangerous places.
She should be safe.

Old June 30th 08, 07:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Jun 29, 3:00 pm, "Christina Peterson" wrote:
They have finally posted a map showing not only the locations of the fires,
but also the extend of them. Mom has a couple large fires within 10 miles
in 3 directions, and several small ones within 5 miles, plus more lightning
strikes within a couple miles. But she's out of the most dangerous places.
She should be safe.

Thanks for the update!

Maren

OT - another fire Queen of Squishies Quilting 9 October 11th 05 04:42 PM
Fire & Ice in TC anyone? gwacie Beads 2 May 17th 05 11:00 PM
OT - Fire Beadbimbo Beads 23 August 15th 04 12:52 AM
Pit fire done Stelios Zacharias Pottery 4 December 6th 03 06:02 PM
Fire Eddie Daughton Pottery 0 July 3rd 03 10:14 PM