Bernina 807

Old July 13th 03, 10:33 PM
Shona in NZ

Default Bernina 807

Howdy all,

Do any of you have a comment about the Bernina minimatic model 807? Is this
a good machine to lug to classes and such and how much are they worth?

TIA
Shona in NZ

Old July 14th 03, 04:25 AM
taria

Not sure the value but would probably a great extra machine.
Check on some of the finished auctions on ebay.
Taria

--
Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm
Old July 14th 03, 12:08 PM
Vivien &/or Tony

Kia Ora,

Well, spend some time away and lookee here - another fellow Kiwi.

Where in NZ?

jeanne - how many other Kiwis are here now - see, it's your magnetic
personality ;-)

Vivien in Auckland, New Zealand

news

Old July 14th 03, 09:26 PM
Shona in NZ

Howdy,

I 'joined' RCTQ a month or two ago. Certainly must be jeanne's snorfle that
attracted me.

I'm New to quilting and all...may just finish my first two quilts at my
first quilt retreat at the end of the month...depends on iffn someone there
will learn me how to do the binding :-)

Anyway I live just out of Christchurch (near Lincoln) and work as a
'scientist' (call me the local weedo) at one of the CRIs. Have 2 QIs, 1 DH,
and 6 chooks.

Pleased ta meecha
Shona in NZ

Old July 14th 03, 10:57 PM
Vivien &/or Tony

Kia Ora,

I know it well - born and bred Cantabrian here - it must be as cold as cold
as cold down there at the moment. I've lived up here too long and the
blood's thinned, I think :-)

Binding? Just sing out. We all love helping (but I'm, sure you've worked
that out by now).

Have you signed up for Symposium classes too?

Old July 15th 03, 02:17 AM
Shona in NZ

Hullo,

Tis cold but I don't think it 'feels' as cold as up there because it is dry;
the damp cold sinks in right down to the bones. The snow was great fun!
Our snow woman finally succumbed to the warmth yesterday.

Haven't signed up for classes cuz I didn't know about Symposium until it was
too late. However, I have volunteered to help out so will be able to
'attend' as a gofer and have a look around. Also the organising group (CPS,
C) have arranged for a mini-symposium after the main even for those helping
out...you can be sure I will partake of that! Will you be down for
Symposium?

Of course I know there are lots of helpful peoples here to help me with my
binding forays but I am a visual sort of girl...need to see to understand if
you know what I mean. In a pinch I will certainly ask here!

trala

Old July 15th 03, 10:06 AM
Vivien &/or Tony

Kia Ora,

A snow woman! Creative!!!

I haven't signed up for any classes, but I'm toying with the idea of coming
down to look at the exhibitions and merchants mall - well, there are two
quilters in the house now, that's quite a habit to support (vbeg). I'd tie
it in with a flying visit to see my mother and MIL (and other assorted
rellies), but nothing's booked yet.