The flu is bad!

Old December 12th 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Default The flu is bad!

I hope you all have had your shots. I did, but if this case of the flu has
been mitigated by my flu shot, I never want to get a full-out case of it!
Came home early from work yesterday, I started running a temp around 8:00
a.m. I took some Advil hoping it would reduce my fever, but when I woke up
this morning I still had a temp and felt like I had been beaten with a
stick. I got some enteric aspirin, I have some vague idea that aspirin
might work better on a fever. Drinking orange juice and water, and eating
homemade chicken soup; also sleeping/napping and generally just laying
around.

Wouldn't you know this would hit while I'm preparing for Christmas? Phooey!

I'm preparing to wrap myself up in that beautiful hug quilt and sack out on
the couch again.

Your sicko fellow quilter Carolyn, who is sitting on the self-pity potty in
The Old Pueblo

--

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old December 13th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

It COULD BE a reaction. I had it 2x's.both times it was as bad if not worse
than the flu. whatever they used.it really made me ill.
in my case, getting the flu is 'safer' as I can use the drugs they use to
combat it. I just have to get to the Dr quick. Dr orders.

Butterfly (hurry and get well again)

m...

Old December 13th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Not a reaction, I got my shot more than a month ago. I've never had a
reaction to the flu shot (knock wood) and get mine faithfully ever year. My
employer offers them for free, and since I work in a hospital I figure that
it is a wise precaution for me. Every year in the past my flu shot has
staved off whatever flu comes through town, and also seems to lessen the
severity of any colds I might catch. Maybe that's why I am wallowing in
self-pity. I am so rarely ill, I guess I take it as a personal affront when
it happens. LOL

Thanks for the kind wishes, Butterfly! I only hope it is better by Monday,
I really hate letting the team (my co-workers) down but I didn't want to
spread anything.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

Old December 13th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Will never get the shots. I just take my chances. DH had the shot a few
years and within days was sicker then a dog and then a girl that he worked
with, her tongue turned black. ewwwwwwwwwwwww

--
Cindy from MO

Old December 13th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

take care and get well soon

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old December 13th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_6_]

Sorry to hear it's been a rough time for you Carolyn. There's just no way
around it: the flu is no fun! Take care of yourself and get better soon.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old December 13th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

I had my flu shot, and was able to also get a pneumonia shot. Usually
the second one is for the senior citizens, but since I get walking
pneumonia every year or two, they decided to give me this. It seems I
get bronchitis then it quickly slides into that pneumonia.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this is a mild winter for me, health-
wise.

Ginger in CA

On Dec 12, 3:58*pm, "Carolyn McCarty" wrote:
[...]

If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. *--Carolyn McCarty

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. *--Red Green
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer. *--Carolyn McCarty

Old December 13th 08, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

We take getting a flu shot very seriously. I usually have a swollen sore
arm for a day or two. Push it to the limit and hope for a pity party or
some sympathy. Never works but it's worth a try.
You must be your own advocate. If you hope that the government or the
doctors are going to look out for you, it just isn't going to happen. All
of you take care. Polly

"Ginger in CA" wroteI had my flu shot, and was able to also get a

Old December 13th 08, 06:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Carolyn: I think you are right about the flu shot lessenign severity of
cold. I had the shot over a month ago. On Wednesday I woke up with an AWFUL
cold, yet today the cold symptoms are very minor, and I returned to work. I
really 'babied' myself on Wednesday and Thrusday. Just stayed home and
stayed in my jammies, sleeping a lot, and reading, checking RCTQ, and sewing
two quilt blocks. I am not happy to be this far behind in Christmas
decorating and such, but I decided I needed to 'work at getting well!'
PAT in VA/USA