OT Turkey Alert!

Old November 24th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default OT Turkey Alert!

It is time to move your frozen turkey from the freezer to the refrigerator.
If you 'are' a turkey, this is a good time to disappear. It takes a long
time for a Big Bird to thaw. The quick way of putting the frozen bird in a
sink of cold water and constantly changing the water is a pain. Start early
if you can and simply move the turkey to the refrigerator to slowly thaw.
I'm trying a new turkey production this year. Carving a turkey looks
good in old movies but there are not any carving artists in our family.
I've bought boned turkey breasts and hope to get away with an easier time of
it. Sounds good, don't you think? Polly

Old November 24th 08, 05:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dreamweaver

But Mz. Polly!! How can there be a fight over who gets the drumsticks if'n
there ain't no drumsticks? BG Does sound a whole lot easier though!

My mamma used to cook that bird until it fell off the bone, and yet it was
always moist and yummy and the gravy was heavenly, just heavenly!!!

Dreamweaver, who loves the dark meat!!!!

Old November 24th 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Yeah, that's kind of sad about no drumsticks - and no wishbone. I remember
the time my sister tried the method where you put the bird in a paper bag
and set it to cook very slowly overnight. They were blasted out of bed by
the smoke alarms. And the time she put her turkey in a sink full of cold
water to thaw - forgetting that their lab could easily remove anything at
counter height that was appealing. He did. Labradors are sweet and loyal
dogs but they are tall. You'd think she would have noticed. Polly

Old November 24th 08, 05:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dreamweaver

LOL!!! You reminded me of the time my mom cooked a 25 lb turkey for 4 of
us! Lots of leftovers...right?...see this one coming?......Brother took
platter out next day to make a sandwich, left it on the counter, and yep,
our Irish Setter had the best and worst Thanksgiving of her life!!!! She
was miserable after eating about 22 lbs of turkey but boy was she happy!!!!!

That poor baby!
Dreamweaver (she was miserable for days and the post clean up wasn't exactly
enjoyable either!!!!)

Old November 24th 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

I seem to remember something about turkey containing something that makes
people sleepy. After 22 pounds of turkey, that should have been some lovely
long nap. Polly

Old November 24th 08, 06:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dreamweaver

Default OT: Dogs eating turkey was OT Turkey Alert!

She was a sight to behold! I thought her belly would burst it was so full,
and you're right, all she could really do was lay around and sleep! She was
quite the character.

Dreamweaver

Old November 24th 08, 08:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

We use these exclusively - have done for years!!
I can't stand the sight of a carcass! Ugh/shudder!! And I don't have
to touch the beast g (Sorry you natural carnivores!).
They are delicious and the leftovers are dealt with in one further meal.
Simply cannot be better.
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 24th 08, 09:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

Aw come on you two, don't you know you can now get the legs seperately
packaged and at Wally World.

Kate T.
Old November 24th 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dreamweaver

Cheap and easy.........VBEG Yeah, I thought about that, but it just ain't
the same, ya know?!....Although it beats no dark meat at all I 'spose! BG

Dreamweaver...I ain't cheap but I can be had!!!!! (I woke up a little on the
cheeky side can ya tell?)

Old November 24th 08, 12:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MB

I reminded dh that that was his first job this morning !
Mary
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
It is time to move your frozen turkey from the freezer to the

refrigerator.
If you 'are' a turkey, this is a good time to disappear. It takes a long
time for a Big Bird to thaw. The quick way of putting the frozen bird in

sink of cold water and constantly changing the water is a pain. Start

early
if you can and simply move the turkey to the refrigerator to slowly thaw.
I'm trying a new turkey production this year. Carving a turkey looks
good in old movies but there are not any carving artists in our family.
I've bought boned turkey breasts and hope to get away with an easier time

of
it. Sounds good, don't you think? Polly

ALERT!!!!!! ALERT!!!!! Don't go to VeronicaLa's message it's worsethan prono. [email protected] Needlework 27 February 6th 08 01:06 PM
OT--Reheating the turkey joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 4 November 25th 05 05:24 AM
Crochet Turkey? Sew-Sew Lady Yarn 2 September 14th 04 03:01 AM
Happy TURKEY day! Kellie J. Berger Quilting 7 November 29th 03 09:31 AM
Crochet Turkey ShawnAnne Yarn 12 August 30th 03 05:19 AM