Need your creative ideas

Old November 24th 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Default Need your creative ideas

Ok, I am not good at thinking up clever names, but I know you all are,
so I come to you for help.

Our guild has been the recipient of too many donations for us to deal
with. The board determined that since we have all we need for charity
quilts and we just had an auction that we should have something "simple"
like a rummage sale to deal with the remainders.

We have fifty gazillion books and more boxes of cotton quilting fabric
than any person should have in her (as in my) basement.

We are thinking to sell the books by the inch. As in, stack them up and
measure the height and you pay $1 for each inch of books.

They would like to sell the fabric by the bag full. I don't know what
kind of bag yet, but we'll have the bags and people can pick and choose
the fabrics they want and pay $X for each bag.

The other idea was to bring a scale and sell the fabric by the pound.

So, I need a better name for this then Guild Rummage Sale. Maybe
something that incorporates inches and bags or pounds? Maybe not. I
dunno but something a bit more eye catching then rummage sale would be
ideal.

Any inspired ideas?

thanks
marcella
Old November 24th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

stash and dash!
j.

"Marcella Peek" wrote...

Old November 24th 08, 04:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

The Great Guild Diet Sale - too many books, too much fabric, gotta go
on a diet!
Books by the inch, fabric by the pound!

[take a yard or two yard piece of fabric, weigh it. Figure how much a
yard of cotton quilt quality fabric weighs. If your goal is to really
clean up/clear out, figure 25% of what a yard would cost. Offer a
bonus reward [just like you get on a diet] if someone buys 5 or 10
pounds.

Ginger in CA

Old November 24th 08, 09:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Treasure Hunt!
..
In message , Marcella
Peek writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 24th 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

I vote for Ginger's cause Most Gals have had to watch their 'diet' sometime
in their lives--even just being with child meant watching what you indulged
in.

Eye-catching. Wonder what kind of diet this will be.........gets the
curiosity going and that's what you want.

HTH
Butterfly (You could make a list of what all is suggested and have us 'vote'
on it)

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
In article , "Pati C."
wrote:

How about "Ideas by the inch, creativity by the bag/pound" ????

Not short but different.VBG

Pati, in Phx

Thanks! Short isn't an issue to me, catchy is.

You all are great; I'm getting a good list of ideas going.

thanks
marcella

Old November 24th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Sounds fun. I'll give it a day or two more to see if anyone else is
inspired then I'll post the list.

marcella

Creative ideas needed anne Needlework 11 November 24th 08 03:24 AM
Are YOU Creative? [email protected] General Crafting 0 March 21st 06 10:54 PM
need your creative ideas - OT Musicmaker Quilting 18 November 21st 05 10:53 PM
Re Does this mean I am creative?? mauvicem Quilting 1 August 17th 05 02:12 PM