Found!

Old March 10th 09, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default Found!

I have been carrying around a piece of vintage embroidery for over a
year trying to match it for a wallhanging. Today after guild I stopped
in the LQS and one of the gals I know helped me pull together some
fabric that I think will work really well. I can actually get
the project going. Woohoo. My newly painted sewing room wall awaits
the wallhanging. The fabric is Bernartex from their arabesque line.
It is really rich looking. The piece of embroidery was a pillowtop
crewel kit and I found it at the thrift store all embroidered but never
put into the pillow. It is old and has waited a long time to be put
to some good. I know the person that did the beautiful stitches in it
would be glad to see it finished and enjoyed.
Taria
Old March 10th 09, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Ah, me. Taria, your post makes me so happy. I have a piece of cross-stitch
here that took me years to complete. I gently washed it and the black
threads faded miserably. Your progress inspires me to 'do' something with
it. Or - if I never do - perhaps someone will discover it at a thrift store
and honor the hours it represents. So glad you've found some fabric that
will work well with yours. Polly

"Taria" wroteI have been carrying around a piece of vintage embroidery for

Old March 10th 09, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 20:52:12 -0700, Taria
wrote:

I have been carrying around a piece of vintage embroidery for over a
year trying to match it for a wallhanging. Today after guild I stopped
in the LQS and one of the gals I know helped me pull together some
fabric that I think will work really well. I can actually get
the project going. Woohoo. My newly painted sewing room wall awaits
the wallhanging. The fabric is Bernartex from their arabesque line.
It is really rich looking. The piece of embroidery was a pillowtop
crewel kit and I found it at the thrift store all embroidered but never
put into the pillow. It is old and has waited a long time to be put
to some good. I know the person that did the beautiful stitches in it
would be glad to see it finished and enjoyed.
Taria

A great idea Taria! I have a beautiful piece of candlewicking work
that I picked up at a thrift store and now I know what to do with it!
I am thinking that perhaps several blocks, each with a different
needlework treatment, would make a nifty sampler wallhanging. I've
got a home made doily that could become one of the other blocks, and
I'm sure I can find something else that needs to find it's place to
shine as well. Thank you so much for the idea!
Debra

My art for sale at:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/DesignsByDeb
Old March 10th 09, 08:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Taria wrote:

I have been carrying around a piece of vintage embroidery for over a
year trying to match it for a wallhanging. Today after guild I stopped
in the LQS and one of the gals I know helped me pull together some
fabric that I think will work really well. I can actually get
the project going. Woohoo. My newly painted sewing room wall awaits
the wallhanging. The fabric is Bernartex from their arabesque line.
It is really rich looking. The piece of embroidery was a pillowtop
crewel kit and I found it at the thrift store all embroidered but never
put into the pillow. It is old and has waited a long time to be put
to some good. I know the person that did the beautiful stitches in it
would be glad to see it finished and enjoyed.
Taria

How lovely it sounds, Taria!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old March 11th 09, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Maybe you could leave a note with the thing so there would be a history
with it? Better yet would be to go ahead and do soemthing with it
yourself. 2 years is a lot of time in a project. Fading is rotten
payoff for all that work. : (
Taria

Old March 11th 09, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Debra wrote:

A great idea Taria! I have a beautiful piece of candlewicking work
that I picked up at a thrift store and now I know what to do with it!
I am thinking that perhaps several blocks, each with a different
needlework treatment, would make a nifty sampler wallhanging. I've
got a home made doily that could become one of the other blocks, and
I'm sure I can find something else that needs to find it's place to
shine as well. Thank you so much for the idea!
Debra

My art for sale at:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/DesignsByDeb

Oh get that stuff out and at least think about doing something with
them. Check out this page for some ideas:
http://www.cindyneedham.com/gallery3.html
NAYY but I like what she does.
There was a neat wallhanging at guild show and tell the other day with
a neat printed piece of fabric that had come from one of those old cloth
calenders. It was pretty simply but very well done. Nice to see this
stuff get a new life.
Taria
Old March 11th 09, 02:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Sandy wrote

How lovely it sounds, Taria!

Now to just get to it! Weather went nice and
so many weeds and chores in the yard calling
to me.
Taria
Old March 11th 09, 09:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Talking of saving other peoples work... I have finished the
modifications on the two wall hangings I found in my local charity shop
just before Christmas. The red thing from outer space has been replaced
by a friendly star, and on the other the felt flags are now appliqued
green and the strange cloud formation is covered by an appliqued
lighthouse. I'd redone the binding on both (bits had been missed) and
done a bit of invisible mending on pieces that weren't stitched down
properly.

I couldn't face undoing the tiny tiny fm quilting (well I presume it was
fm) so will live with it. At the moment they are covering tables in my
sewing corner. One hangs down to hide the clutter underneath!

The cats have taken to sitting on the tables, so quilts must look ok!!

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Taria wrote:
Sandy wrote

How lovely it sounds, Taria!

Now to just get to it! Weather went nice and
so many weeds and chores in the yard calling
to me.
Taria

Found Found Found Pattern Sharon Needlework 17 February 16th 08 10:11 PM
Yay, I have found you again!!! MicrontheCat Quilting 3 April 25th 07 11:18 PM
Almost found it!! julia sidebottom Quilting 3 April 8th 04 11:15 PM
I found it's name! Debra Quilting 8 March 13th 04 05:03 PM
Ad? I found this.. AmazeR Beads 1 February 2nd 04 03:29 AM