What are we stitching?

Old July 23rd 15, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default What are we stitching?

I thought it was time for another round...

I'm nearing completion of Judy Dixon's "Morning light". I'm just
starting the outer row and then there's the bs, French knots & beading
left to do. I didn't want to spend $6+ for one skein of floss, so I'm
stitching the outer row with a skein of Eterna silk (thank you Gill!)
that's a bit darker. You can see the design he
http://en.pindiy.com/115389-1-JudyDi...ninglight.html

My next project is all lined up, ready to go. "Sweet pea gazebo" by
Victoria Sampler: http://www.maryjanes.com/se/item_15329.html

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old July 24th 15, 12:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

On 7/23/2015 11:52 AM, Joan Erickson wrote:
I thought it was time for another round...

I'm nearing completion of Judy Dixon's "Morning light". I'm just
starting the outer row and then there's the bs, French knots & beading
left to do. I didn't want to spend $6+ for one skein of floss, so I'm
stitching the outer row with a skein of Eterna silk (thank you Gill!)
that's a bit darker. You can see the design he
http://en.pindiy.com/115389-1-JudyDi...ninglight.html

My next project is all lined up, ready to go. "Sweet pea gazebo" by
Victoria Sampler: http://www.maryjanes.com/se/item_15329.html

I'm working on an orni from last years Just Stitch orni issue called
"Gingerbread House." Need to move my mom's Dazor magnifier/light so I
can see it better as I'm working on 35 ct. Have another orni "Star of
Wonder" that I got ready last fall that I probably will do next. Also
have Little House Needleworks "The Old Doll" set to go.

All this after not doing much needlework except a few ornis in the
last several years. I did finish an orni that had been the UFO
pile for more than two years so maybe I'm back in the swing of stitching
more regularly.

Nancy
Old July 24th 15, 12:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

I have been working on Sunlit Irises by Kustum Krafts. I haven't done a lot
this summer due to neck and back problems and then I have been working in
the weed bed to clear it out and get it ready to plant grass.
Sharon in MN

Old July 24th 15, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 7/24/2015 6:53 AM, sharoncapps wrote:
Sunlit Irises

http://kustomkrafts.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=257

Oooo, that's pretty! I've always liked their patterns. I have 3 or 4 of
them.

Old July 24th 15, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 7/24/2015 8:27 AM, wrote:

I have been mostly knitting and just completed this for my 14 year old
great granddaughter, she will love it lol

https://www.google.ca/search?q=brain...HzBM6GyATE44tg

So how was it to stitch, Sheena? Didn't you say the squiggly part is
just one long thing you add afterwards? You'll have to let us know what
she says about it!

Old July 24th 15, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruth[_4_]

I'm still working on The Nativity by Heaven & Earth Designs. It's slow going because of my pains. Got 3 1/2 rows to go before page 2 is finished. After next Friday, I don't think I will be stitching for a few weeks as I'm having an operation to remove the stimulator they put in a year ago for the pain that didn't work from day 1. (it's caused more pain than it's taken away). I do hope to finish page 2 before then. Even though I don't stitch like I want to, I do try to get at least 20 stitches done a day. At this rate, I've got about a year left till a finished project. LOL
Old July 25th 15, 05:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 8:53:44 AM UTC-7, Joan Erickson wrote:
I thought it was time for another round...

Still working on the second animal (Hawaiian Short Eared Owl) of my great nephew's birth sampler. Only 10 more to go but I started with the biggest and/or most complicated so it will go more quickly as I get along. BUT, a baby brother (Liam) is expected in December so I'll have another to plan! The next one will be maybe a cowboy/ranch/miner theme since the little family has moved from Hawaii to Nevada (more affordable). :-)
I'm also working on a Copper Butterfly project through my EGA chapter so I'l have to find time to squeeze the homework for that one in also.
Old July 26th 15, 07:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Just finished "The Girls in the Guild" sampler by the Purple Thread. I did it on dark navy fabric with white and pale blue silk. Back to working on "Eleanor Parr" and "Le Bal d' Anastasie" which is totally beaded on fabric.

Pat in SJ
Old July 27th 15, 02:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruth[_4_]

Shirley, I remember that! I wasn't an active participator at the time, I lurked and learned so much. Also found future projects from other's post. (like that 5 panel Nativity). What a joy it is to hear from people whose post in the past I remember.