The flu is bad!

Old December 13th 08, 08:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default The flu is bad!

That's really bad luck, Carolyn. Just keep up the fluids and the sleep.
There's not a lot else to be done. I hope you manage to get rid of the
bug by this time next week.
Anything that isn't done might have to stay undone; but everyone will
survive that g.
..
In message , Carolyn
McCarty writes
I hope you all have had your shots. I did, but if this case of the flu has
been mitigated by my flu shot, I never want to get a full-out case of it!
Came home early from work yesterday, I started running a temp around 8:00
a.m. I took some Advil hoping it would reduce my fever, but when I woke up
this morning I still had a temp and felt like I had been beaten with a
stick. I got some enteric aspirin, I have some vague idea that aspirin
might work better on a fever. Drinking orange juice and water, and eating
homemade chicken soup; also sleeping/napping and generally just laying
around.

Wouldn't you know this would hit while I'm preparing for Christmas? Phooey!

I'm preparing to wrap myself up in that beautiful hug quilt and sack out on
the couch again.

Your sicko fellow quilter Carolyn, who is sitting on the self-pity potty in
The Old Pueblo

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old December 13th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Carolyn McCarty" wrote:

[...]

Awww ... I hope you feel lots better very soon, Carolyn!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old December 13th 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
juliasb

I just went through it myself. I never ached so bad ever in my life!
Temp got to 103 before coming down. As you said having it this time
of the year has been a challenge. The best laid plans went down the
tubes. My niece and I were planning a major overhaul of my bed room to
surprise DH. Even sent him away for the night. Then I got sick and
not a thing got done. My niece has it today and a whole bunch of the
family has been taking turns with it all week. The only good thing is
that it is a short lived bug. Today I am back on my feet for the
first time and actually doing something productive. Maybe today I
will be fortunate enought to be able to stay awake all day without
giving out mid day. Then I will know for sure that I have kicked
this flu. julia

On Dec 12, 6:58*pm, "Carolyn McCarty" wrote:
[...]

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. *--Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. *--Carolyn McCarty

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. *--Red Green
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer. *--Carolyn McCarty

Old December 14th 08, 06:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 16:58:38 -0700, "Carolyn McCarty"
wrote:

[...]

There is usually at least one strain per year that isn't covered by
the shot. Still, it's a good protection against several strains per
year and with hubby working at the town waste water treatment plant,
one I am not willing to miss.

Debra

My art for sale at:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/DesignsByDeb