OT -- need time wasters...

Old November 23rd 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Trixie

Default need time wasters...

Here's a good one:

http://quilting.about.com/library/bl...quiz.htm?nl=1A
game of "name that quilt block"Trixie
Kate G. wrote:
I'm finding myself more and more laid up... and it is too hard to

sew...
cuz I can't hold my neck or my head the way I need to... to do it!
GRRR

But I can kill time in my recliner... head supported... laptop in my

lap.

So what online games do you recommend that will help me kill time?

PS -- took the MRI scans to the MD today -- hopefully they'll have a
treatment plan soon! I don't know what I'm going to do about dinner

next
Thursday. Standing for hours preparing it just isn't going to happen!

Old November 23rd 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Default need time wasters... now Thanksgiving meal

We have a fun time on Thanksgiving----we go to MI to DIL's sister Beth's
house. There's her immediate family, all her in-laws, us and son's family,
his in-laws (also Beth's parents)Usually 19, or 20 people, including our
DGS's and Beth's twin girls and DS. We really enjoy time with her kids,
especially since they're the only girls in our family---really no relation,
but Beth considers us her aunt and uncle. We bring the ham, wine, and some
salads. She does the turkey, and everyone else brings whatever they wish.
We never go hungry!
Gen

"MB" wrote in message
naccess...
I agree ! We did that a couple of years when my oven conked out ...
When I said something about ..All that cooking.....dh mentioned going out
again...
Dear heart!...But it is so much more fun at home ..unless there are
circumstances beyond your control !...You can always have
dessert and coffee/tea/sherry at home !!!...
I remember one family that we met while we were out for our Thanksgiving
meal were going to choose their Christmas tree as soon as they had
finished their dinner. I thought that that was a nice tradition
Mary

"Pati C." wrote in message
As for the big dinner..... might be time to start a new tradition... go
out for dinner. We started doing that when I was working retail, and had
to open the store on "Black Friday". Which meant that I had to be up and
moving by about 4:30 that morning. sigh. We started going to Old Country
Buffet and had a wonderful, all you can eat, meal. No prep, no clean up.
Later on I would cook a turkey, or turkey breast, and stuffing so we
could have leftovers. G

Pati, in Phx

Old November 23rd 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
simpleseven

Default OT -- need time wasters...

--
Kate in MI

Around here there are grocery stores that prepare the Thanksgiving
meal for around $40, that includes turkey and all the fixin's. I'm
not sure if you have to reserve in advance.

We usually just hang out at home and I cook. It doesn't sit well with
us to plan to go out, because my DH is usually sick off and on a great
deal this time of year and invariably he's sick on that day. It makes
for a very quiet day. I will watch a movie or two, hang out on the
computer, etc and of course nibble to my hearts content.
This year my DD invited us out (his treat) but I told him we'd take a
raincheck and invited him instead. He's bringing the pie and the
rolls. He would come every year, but he usually works on that day.

This year we have a wii and maybe I can suggest a game or two of
whatever he so chooses! VBG Work off some of the dinner.

Launie, in Oregon
Old November 23rd 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_6_]

Here's a pretty good game site:
http://games.myway.com/index.html
Games in the "puzzle & strategy" part are often quite addictive!
They have (scroll down) daily jigsaw & Jumble & other games plus soddoku.
The great thing about this site is that you DON'T get "ads" popping up and
loooong loading times -- just click and it opens!

ME-Judy

Old November 24th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

http://www.mindjolt.com/games/dropsum

check out this one.
tells you when game over what your brain size is compared to various animals
etc.
that gave me a chuckle.
i'm not tell'n what size my brain is tho.
it was the first time i played and that without any instructions so didnt
know what i was doing really.
maybe i'll be better, i hope so anyhow, lol.

fingers cross you get a dr appt quickly and they diagnos and make plans
quickly too.
your holiday season this year will no doubt be your worst ever.
sit back and let the others take over or they can sing carols which takes no
effort for them at all.
then order a meal to be delivered fully made or at least all packed and
ready to be oven'd and refrigerated.
gentle healing hugz,
j.

Old November 28th 08, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 19:30:38 -0500, "Kate G."
wrote:

I'm finding myself more and more laid up... and it is too hard to sew...
cuz I can't hold my neck or my head the way I need to... to do it! GRRR

But I can kill time in my recliner... head supported... laptop in my lap.

So what online games do you recommend that will help me kill time?

PS -- took the MRI scans to the MD today -- hopefully they'll have a
treatment plan soon! I don't know what I'm going to do about dinner next
Thursday. Standing for hours preparing it just isn't going to happen!

I know this is a late reply, but I do have one online game site that
can keep you busy for days. Dozens of games, the whole list is at the
bottom of the page.
http://www.wellgames.com/

Debra

My art for sale at:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/DesignsByDeb
Old November 28th 08, 06:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Try Big Fish games - the mystery games are great - the ones where you have
to find things in the picture. Ask me how addictive these games are!

Feel better!

Alice in NJ

Or 'Now Boarding' at gimme5games.com

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old December 3rd 08, 07:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

Mel, still trying to find 'now boarding' on gimme5games. com
tho to be fair, i keep getting distracted with other game sites and finding
quilty stuff online for someone, lol.
oh and finding Wii too.

Alice
there are 2 mysteriez (sp? but if there is a z....) tis the game from
wellgames.com
fwiw,
j.

"melinda" wrote...
Or 'Now Boarding' at gimme5games.com

Old December 3rd 08, 01:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
melinda[_2_]

jeanne-nzlstar* wrote:
Mel, still trying to find 'now boarding' on gimme5games. com
tho to be fair, i keep getting distracted with other game sites and finding
quilty stuff online for someone, lol.
oh and finding Wii too.

Look under 'Time Management', there's only one game under that
section.

It's that time again Wooly Yarn 11 July 7th 06 08:11 PM
OT Time Wasters OT Pat in Virginia Quilting 0 June 26th 06 07:35 PM
OT - I may appear and disappear from time to time Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 0 May 24th 05 08:06 PM
It's that time. . . Sonya Cirillo Yarn 3 January 13th 04 06:29 AM
OT Time out! Pat in Virginia Quilting 28 August 13th 03 11:00 AM