Singer ball bearing Pinking Attachment available

Old April 20th 04, 01:52 PM
Cathy Tyler

Default Singer ball bearing Pinking Attachment available

Included in a lot I purchased this past weekend at an estate sale was
a Singer Ball Bearing Pinking Attachment, with small instruction
guide, copyright 1935. It will not fit any of my machines and I would
like to pass it on to someone who could use it. It "readily attaches
to any Singer lockstitch family sewing machine, with the exception of
Machines 66-1 and 66-3," according to the guide. It has a blade
similar to a wavy rotary cutter blade and uses the feeddogs to feed
the material thru the cutter arrangement, with needle either removed
or unthreaded. If this is of value to you, or you have any stories
about using one, I'm eager to hear from you!

Cathy in Virginia

Old April 21st 04, 01:12 AM
Kate Dicey

Me! How much fabric from England do you want in return?

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old April 21st 04, 02:10 AM
Taria

Those are very hard to find. In my hunts I have seen a couple.
Think they go on Ebay for over $50 but haven't looked in a while.
They will fit a FW so they make a fun addition to collectors
who want to have lots of extras for their machines! Not
sure if anyone ever mcuh used them. YOu will find more of the
pinkers that have a handle and don't go on the machine. Just
are used table top. Fun collectible.
Taria

Old April 21st 04, 02:22 PM
Cathy Tyler

I'll have to watch for a table top model - or check the web. I'm
always curious to see how things work. A couple of you have indicated
interest in the ball bearing gadget, so let me check to see what
postage would be and a fair value (in fabric or legal tender!) and get
back to you. So much fun to share the finds!

Cathy in Virginia