Houston International Quilt Festival

Old October 10th 08, 02:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Toni in TX

Default Houston International Quilt Festival

OK folks who is going to be in Houston?

Is anyone coming to Houston for Festival this month?

Toni in TX
Old October 10th 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

Only if I win the lottery - would love to come.......

Janner
France

Old October 10th 08, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle[_2_]

I'll be there; my fifth or sixth year. Wouldn't miss it! But then it's
only a 2-3 hour drive from New Braunfels.
Michelle

Old October 10th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Toni in TX

Michelle, what days will you be here? I am attendin a class on Nov 1
from 9 to 12, but I haven't decided what day during the week I am
going for sure will be ther on preview night too.

Toni in TX

On Oct 10, 1:49*pm, "Michelle" wrote:
I'll be there; my fifth or sixth year. *Wouldn't miss it! *But then it's
only a 2-3 hour drive from New Braunfels.
Michelle

"Toni in TX" wrote in ...

OK folks who is going to be in Houston?

Is anyone coming to Houston for Festival this month?

Toni in TX- Hide quoted text -

Old October 11th 08, 05:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Toni in TX

Toni in TX wrote:
OK folks who is going to be in Houston?

Is anyone coming to Houston for Festival this month?

Toni in TX- Hide quoted text -

Janner,

Well hurry up and buy that winning ticket.
Old October 11th 08, 11:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Houston IQF - AAQI booth

On Oct 10, 8:21*am, Toni in TX wrote:
OK folks who is going to be in Houston?

Is anyone coming to Houston for Festival this month?

Toni in TX

as someone metione in another qulilting group, Ami Simm's Alzheimer's
Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI) is going to have a booth, so you might
wnat to stop by and get one. You can see them before hand at:

http://www.alzquilts.org/inqufeinhotx.html

There are such evocative stories attached with them. One in
particular that struck me is The Reef Not Visited at http://www.alzquilts.org/2717.html

For those not going to the Houston IQF, there is the on-line
auction :-) http://www.alzquilts.org/index.html

My grandmother had dimentia due to a stroke, but the end result was
the same as Alzheimers. She could not remember things or people and
she was always trying to find the way home.

Bev in TX
Old October 11th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle[_2_]

I think we're arriving Saturday morning and will be leaving after they close
the doors on Sunday. We usually stay 3 or 4 days, but, this year will have
to cut it short. We're going to the Ricky Tims show on the 1st at 5:30. I
heard he does a good show.
Michelle

Old October 12th 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

The Paducah and Houston shows are both on my "Life List" but I have a
brother who lives in Houston and invited me to stay with them if I go to the
show. Leaves more $$$$ for quilty purchases!

--
AliceW in NJ

"Thee End" as said by my 2.5 year old
sweet Grand daughter when she decides the
conversation is over.

:

Old October 12th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

so what are you waiting for, Alice???
geez, having a room covers a fair bit of the cost of the trip.
you oughts make a visit down there every year in oct.
ya cant see your brother too often now can ya.
want to cut out the cost of entry to the show....
find the lady/folks who organize all the volunteers to help hang quilts.
do one full day of that and you get free entry for all the show days, a
badge, angel pin, woooohoooo.
that is all done the week before the show opens. great fun and you get first
hand close up views of the quilts. they need a whole heap of helpers, its a
big job but there are plenty of supervisors who keep it all going smoothly.
you just show up and do what you're told to do. they've got a great system.
its fun too.
sorry, i'm not sure who the lady is nor how to get ahold of her. might take
you some emails around the show. explain that you visit your brother each
year there so it is convenient for you to get there to help.
i only did the one full day and the rest was free entry each day. if i find
out who it is i'll let you know.
cheers,
j.
gawd how i wish i could get there again, let alone every year, i do so envy
you having a brother there

"AliceW" wrote...

Old October 13th 08, 01:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Toni in TX

Michelle,
IF you will contact me privatel at my e-mail address I will be gald to
meet you on Sarueday.

Toni in TX