happy Sunday and a very safe Labour day for everyone in North America

Old September 4th 05, 08:45 AM
Els van Dam

Default happy Sunday and a very safe Labour day for everyone in North America

This is realy the end of Saturday for me, but I am a little late in
getting to bed, thus it is Sunday already. We were watching funny animal
commercials and at the same time, I was knitting my 6x6 for September.
Being adventurous, I am trying my hand......again.....at a lace pattern.
I do not know how you all do knit lace patterns and end up with something
to wear. Within three rows I have 10 more stitches than I started out
with.

Eimear, maybe I should go with you to Nanaimo and take lace knitting
lessons. However I am afraid that it is not the knitting but the
counting....LOL. I have done a lot of pulling out tonight.

While working, and cleaning up in the garden I picked enough eucalysus
leaves to do some dying with,

Everyone, have a very safe and nice long weekend, with good weather and in
great company

Els, who is now going to bed and will join you again in the morning
Old September 4th 05, 01:56 PM
Katherine

Els van Dam wrote:
[...]

It is Sunday here, and I am about to make coffee and relax for a little bit.
This is the year that church starts at 11:30 instead of 9:30, so I have some
extra time on Sunday morning. Of course, it makes the rest of my day - after
church - shorter, but I can get through that.

Lace patterns can be very frustrating. There was one I did for a 6x6 that I
ripped out over and over again. But, like a fool, I refused to let it
conquer me. I would have been much better off forgetting about it, and
finding soemthing else. Oddly, I can do lace in garments like baby clothes
and sweaters with very little problem, but in squares - well, let's say that
no one else will get a lace square from me!

Katherine

Old September 4th 05, 02:21 PM
spinninglilac

'Morning Els and everyone....Like yourself I didn't get to bed very early
either....had to work, then flipping broke down on the way home, took the
RAC three hours to get to me, cos so many holiday makers on their way back
had broken down, so it was gone five this morning when I wearily trudged up
the stairs to my lovely bed, and although I slept til ten, I still feel very
wooden...lol

So a sandwich in a minute a drink, finish the last cupboard I'm cleaning out
in the kitchen, then chill out and hopefully doze off for an hour or so...

Funny ole sunday this is...lol

cheers........Cher x

Old September 4th 05, 05:16 PM

Hi Els,

I couldn't agree with with you more on lace, it's not for me either
knit or crocheted. In fact the crocheted baby sweater is the first
article of clothing I've done in years and it came out great.

It's a lovely fall day here in upstate NY, trees are beginning to turn,
we don't need the fans on during the day and we have the windows open
at night.

Cher, you didn't need that to happen, but at least you did get home and
got some rest.

Hugs,

Nora

Old September 4th 05, 07:38 PM
JCT

I am being a bit lazy today even though I have lots to do preparing to
leave on a trip later this week (I will be gone much of September).

I did finish the sweater for DD and got it on its way to her. It will
be there early for her birthday but I will be gone then. It is that Jo
Sharp silkroad aran tweed pullover I have been working on for a while.
I still have my NYCO done but not put together and a sweater for DH
almost done. I did finish the socks for my SIL. I have lots of
projects ready to start but will probably only take gloves for DH on
the trip - he will be there to try them on and they don't take much
room. This month I did make 4 "Just Your Basic Beanies" for
AfghansforAfghans in childrens sizes- but that was about it.

By the way, kudos to our Canadian neighbors. I read today in the
NYTimes about a little town down on the Delta SW of New Orleans where
local authorities were really stretched when the Canadian Mounties
showed up to help. They came from Vancouver BC to help and got there
in time to give critical assistance. I have always heard tales about
the RCMP but this was above and beyond.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/04/na.../04relief.html

Old September 4th 05, 07:56 PM
MRH

"JCT" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am being a bit lazy today even though I have lots to do preparing to
leave on a trip later this week (I will be gone much of September).

Have a nice trip, Judy, and return safely.

By the way, kudos to our Canadian neighbors. I read today in the
NYTimes about a little town down on the Delta SW of New Orleans where
local authorities were really stretched when the Canadian Mounties
showed up to help. They came from Vancouver BC to help and got there
in time to give critical assistance. I have always heard tales about
the RCMP but this was above and beyond.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/04/na.../04relief.html

Thank you for posting this, I had just said to Matthew last night that I
hadn't heard if any help was sent down from Canada and that I was shocked
about that being as we are neighbours. This makes me feel proud... and yes,
the RCMP are often the first to reach out when help is needed in such cases.
)

Peace!
Gemini

Old September 4th 05, 11:47 PM
emerald

-
"JCT" wrote in message
ups.com...
By the way, kudos to our Canadian neighbors. I read today in the

NYTimes about a little town down on the Delta SW of New Orleans where
local authorities were really stretched when the Canadian Mounties
showed up to help. They came from Vancouver BC to help and got there
in time to give critical assistance. I have always heard tales about
the RCMP but this was above and beyond.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/04/na.../04relief.html

I heard of another urban search-and-rescue group, from Vancouver, that's
working in New Orleans. They're a civilian group:
http://www.can-tf1.org/index.html

There's also a group of Navy Divers from the Victoria area going down,
according to the local paper.

Eimear

Old September 4th 05, 11:54 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

"emerald" wrote in message
-
"JCT" wrote in message
ups.com...
By the way, kudos to our Canadian neighbors. I read today in the

NYTimes about a little town down on the Delta SW of New Orleans where
local authorities were really stretched when the Canadian Mounties
showed up to help. They came from Vancouver BC to help and got there
in time to give critical assistance. I have always heard tales about
the RCMP but this was above and beyond.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/04/na.../04relief.html

I heard of another urban search-and-rescue group, from Vancouver, that's
working in New Orleans. They're a civilian group:
http://www.can-tf1.org/index.html

There's also a group of Navy Divers from the Victoria area going down,
according to the local paper.

Eimear

That is SO awesome!
Noreen

Old September 5th 05, 01:37 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

It is Sunday here, and I am about to make coffee and relax for a little bit.
This is the year that church starts at 11:30 instead of 9:30, so I have some
extra time on Sunday morning. Of course, it makes the rest of my day - after
church - shorter, but I can get through that.

Lace patterns can be very frustrating. There was one I did for a 6x6 that I
ripped out over and over again. But, like a fool, I refused to let it
conquer me. I would have been much better off forgetting about it, and
finding soemthing else. Oddly, I can do lace in garments like baby clothes
and sweaters with very little problem, but in squares - well, let's say that
no one else will get a lace square from me!

Katherine

Katherine, what you gain on the apples you loose on the oranges....LOL It
is so nice to have an early and long Sunday morning. Otto was gone this
morning to pick up fire wood, and I spent a couple of hours on the phone
helping my friend Mieke with a Sweedish lace draft in one of the Handwoven
magazines. Great way to spent a Sunday morning.

You are right maybe it is trying to knit a small 6x6 that makes it so
difficult. My head is like a sive or is it siff. I need to reread and
reread to get it right. Lave knitting looks so nice when it is done
though, so I will give it another try tonight, lets hope there is
something light on the TV...LOL, nothing that demands a lot of
concentration or attention.

Els
Old September 5th 05, 01:39 AM
Els van Dam

In article ,
"spinninglilac" wrote:

'Morning Els and everyone....Like yourself I didn't get to bed very early
either....had to work, then flipping broke down on the way home, took the
RAC three hours to get to me, cos so many holiday makers on their way back
had broken down, so it was gone five this morning when I wearily trudged up
the stairs to my lovely bed, and although I slept til ten, I still feel very
wooden...lol

So a sandwich in a minute a drink, finish the last cupboard I'm cleaning out
in the kitchen, then chill out and hopefully doze off for an hour or so...

Funny ole sunday this is...lol

cheers........Cher x

Hi Cher, I do hope you had a nice catch up sleep, and are all rested
again. Bummer to have your car break down. Hope it gets fixed well so
this won't happen again

Love

Els