OT - dryer lint trap help

Old January 30th 05, 11:44 PM
KDK

Default OT - dryer lint trap help

OK my dryer has the lint trap on top of the dryer. The trap itself is long.
So when I go to clean it I pull it out and little bits of lint go everywhere
(I don't think this is the best design for a lint trap). Bleh.

So any creative suggestions on how I can control the flying loose lint? I'm
trying to think of some kind of cover I could use when I want to clean it.

Kathy K

Old January 30th 05, 11:46 PM
Jalynne

I keep a dustrag (the kind that trap the dust with static electricity, instead of
just pushing the dust around) on top of the dryer for just this purpose. I hate
these stupid lint traps on top, but i haven't found a great way to deal with it,
other than just wipe the machine down each time I use it.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old January 30th 05, 11:51 PM
~Candace~

Plastic bag, Kathy. Scrunch a gorcery bag down until it fits over the
handle of the lint trap, then grab the trap thru the bag, and hold the bag
down with a couple fingers while you pull up the trap.

I dunno if that was clear or not, but that's what we do...we have a
top-of-the-maching trap too.

~Candace~

Old January 31st 05, 04:29 AM
Kalera Stratton

I wonder if you could get a cheap replacement trap at a used-appliance
place?

http://www.beadwife.com
Old January 31st 05, 04:57 AM
Diana Curtis

Or do as my DH did when I told him the trap needed to be cleaned out every
time.... He said "it needs to be cleaned?"
That would explain the huge pile of lint on the outside when he took over
laundry duty temporarily.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 31st 05, 02:50 PM
Beadbimbo

Is there a good lint trap?

Mine is the kind that's just inside, when you open the dryer door. I don't
know if it's much better. That part's not bad, but the lint goes up into
the holes around the door. Probably wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't washing
dog towels and dog bedding! I think most people have less lint that I do!

When you open the door, stuff falls off the door, on to the floor. I just
keep the vacuum close by and vacumm around the door, after I open it, and
vacuum the floor under it.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old February 1st 05, 12:54 AM
KDK

I was thinking plastic bag - just hadn't figured out a way to make it work.
I'll give that a try.

Kathy K

om...

Old February 1st 05, 12:58 AM
KDK

I think I prefer the in the door type. At least that way all the stray
dust/lint doesn't fly right into my nose.

Yeah I get lots of cat hair lint.

Kathy K