Houston International Quilt Festival

Old October 13th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
kelly

Default Houston International Quilt Festival

Ricky Tims is definitely an entertainer. I took a 2 day class with him that
was a hoot (of course I learnt lots but then didn't get a chance to create
with it. I need to do some creating - some real challenge myself. I will
put it on my calendar for say 2012!)

Enjoy Michelle. I would go see him again. His lectures are very
entertaining and he usually plays the piano while he does it.

Kelly in BC

"Michelle" wrote in message
I think we're arriving Saturday morning and will be leaving after they
close the doors on Sunday. We usually stay 3 or 4 days, but, this year
will have to cut it short. We're going to the Ricky Tims show on the 1st
at 5:30. I heard he does a good show.
Michelle

"Toni in TX" wrote in message
Michelle, what days will you be here? I am attendin a class on Nov 1
from 9 to 12, but I haven't decided what day during the week I am
going for sure will be ther on preview night too.

Toni in TX

On Oct 10, 1:49 pm, "Michelle" wrote:
I'll be there; my fifth or sixth year. Wouldn't miss it! But then it's
only a 2-3 hour drive from New Braunfels.
Michelle

"Toni in TX" wrote in

OK folks who is going to be in Houston?

Is anyone coming to Houston for Festival this month?

Toni in TX- Hide quoted text -

Old October 13th 08, 11:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tina

I am sending out this notice again because I have not seen a reply for
you. The show is getting really close and I still need a lot of help!
Please let your friends, guild, quilt bee, church group and any one
else that might be interested in working the show know about “working
the show.” I am happy to say that you will get a raise this year! You
will be paid $6.55 an hour instead of just $6.00. So please check out
the website now and choose your shifts.

Dates for the show:
Market Oct. 25th-27th and Festival Oct. 29th-Nov. 2nd. We will start
hanging Wed. Oct. 22nd. We will need help through Mon., Nov. 3rd.

..
Thank you!
Terri Winsauer
Quilts, Inc
Piece Corps Coordinator
IQM/IQF Volunteer/Staff Assistant Coordinator
Phone & Fax: 281-758-2899
E-mail: or
Webpage:
www.quilts.com/worktheshows/Houston Now Ready!
Get the most up to date news about our shows www.quilts.com
We’re Quilts! ™
Old October 14th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Is this from 'our' Tina from Katy, Houston? I remember she used to help
at the Quilt Show. I often weonder how she is. Different e-mail addy though.

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

.

Old October 14th 08, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Well, I have to wait for my turn. Right now Mom comes first and then the
grand kids. Daughter getting married is next. With an extended family, my
four weeks vacation (and disposable income) gets eaten up real quick (I get
another week next year - YAY!). I will be patient; I want to do it right
without feeling guilty about using the time or dollars that it will take.
I'm thinking I will be in good shape in 18-24 months. Retirement is not far
off (providing I still have a viable 401(k) left!). I love the idea of
volunteering though and I will definitely looking into doing that.

--
AliceW in NJ

"Thee End" as said by my 2.5 year old
sweet Grand daughter when she decides the
conversation is over.

"jeanne-nzlstar*" wrote in message
: so what are you waiting for, Alice???
: geez, having a room covers a fair bit of the cost of the trip.
: you oughts make a visit down there every year in oct.
: ya cant see your brother too often now can ya.
: want to cut out the cost of entry to the show....
: find the lady/folks who organize all the volunteers to help hang quilts.
: do one full day of that and you get free entry for all the show days, a
: badge, angel pin, woooohoooo.
: that is all done the week before the show opens. great fun and you get
first
: hand close up views of the quilts. they need a whole heap of helpers, its
: big job but there are plenty of supervisors who keep it all going
smoothly.
: you just show up and do what you're told to do. they've got a great
system.
: its fun too.
: sorry, i'm not sure who the lady is nor how to get ahold of her. might
take
: you some emails around the show. explain that you visit your brother each
: year there so it is convenient for you to get there to help.
: i only did the one full day and the rest was free entry each day. if i
find
: out who it is i'll let you know.
: cheers,
: j.
: gawd how i wish i could get there again, let alone every year, i do so
envy
: you having a brother there
:
: "AliceW" wrote...
: The Paducah and Houston shows are both on my "Life List" but I have a
: brother who lives in Houston and invited me to stay with them if I go to
the
: show. Leaves more $$$$ for quilty purchases!
: --
: AliceW in NJ
:
: "Thee End" as said by my 2.5 year old
: sweet Grand daughter when she decides the
: conversation is over.
:
: "Toni in TX" wrote...
:: OK folks who is going to be in Houston?
::