Outer Banks - here we come!

Old September 24th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice

Default Outer Banks - here we come!

Six of us quilters are meeting Tuesday for three days of quilting and fun in
Duck, NC. We are celebrating everyone's birthday during the entire year,
and working on a quilty project. We plan to eat, drink, sew, soak in the
hot tub, walk the beach, celebrate, shop and have fun....maybe not in that
order!!
Looking forward to a great time. I'll check in when I get back! I'd worry
about leaving my stash unguarded, but I don't have any. We quilter's don't
keep extra fabric around. We really, really don't, do we?
--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old September 24th 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Sounds like great fun! Just don't try to run the sewing machines from the
hot tubs... that might sound like a good idea... but I don't think you'll
be happy once the "shock" wears off!

ENJOY and Happy Birthday to All!!!

--
Kate in MI

Old September 24th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Nope. That's why the neighbor teenager, L, came over to see if I had any red
ribbon to 'finish' her Homecoming Dress. I had red--but it was 'flat' being
it was cotton....then I remembered my container of Vest Linings. Yuppers, I
had red and it MATCHED!
As she was leaving DS said: "Now you can tell your Mom you just went on a
Stash Raid". She LOL.Her Grandma sews.....and will fix the dress.

Butterfly (Yukon just had a bath and is ready for THIS STASH RAID)

Old September 25th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
offkilterquilter

Alice wrote:
Six of us quilters are meeting Tuesday for three days of quilting and fun in
Duck, NC. We are celebrating everyone's birthday during the entire year,
and working on a quilty project. We plan to eat, drink, sew, soak in the
hot tub, walk the beach, celebrate, shop and have fun....maybe not in that
order!!
Looking forward to a great time. I'll check in when I get back! I'd worry
about leaving my stash unguarded, but I don't have any. We quilter's don't
keep extra fabric around. We really, really don't, do we?

WAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Wave as you go past me...I haven't gotten any quilting or sewing or
anything done in a while, so yes, I am VERY jealous!

Larisa
Old September 25th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Linda[_2_]

I hope you all have a great time. I just returned today from a week at Nags
Head. The weather was not ideal the first few days, windy and the waves were
rough, but it got much better at the end of the week. I understand it is
just beautiful now. Your quilting trip sounds like so much fun..... enjoy