rowenta iron

Old August 27th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
PatScott

Default rowenta iron

Hi all, i need a new iron and was looking at the rowenta irons. i was
wondering if anyone has one and can give me some opinions on them.

thanks,

Pat
nashville, tn

sunnyd-the amazing and wonderful collie
jenna-the beautiful brindle greythound
Nora-THE Cat

Old August 27th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise and Ray Denny

I have had two and would not purchase another. Both broke shortly after the
warranty expired.

Louise in WA

Old August 27th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry Starr

I got the Rowenta Professional on sale at Bed, Bath & Beyond about 2 years
ago. I also got a $10 gift card in the mail for buying it. I love it. I
wish the cord was retractable, but that isn't any big deal. I have had just
about every brand made, and they never last longer than 3 years. The iron
before this one was a less expensive Rowenta, and it barely made the 2 year
point.

Sherry Starr

. ..

Old August 27th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Witchy Stitcher

Mine caught fire and was attributed to wear and tear by the company.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission took it for testing.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old August 27th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judy

Gee, I must be lucky! I've had my "basic" Rowenta for over 6 years, and it
still does great. The one thing the manuel says is "use TAP water". My
local water is o.k., but it had clogged my irons in the past so badly that
I'd switched to distilled water - which, BTW, is a "no-no" according to
Rowenta. SO, I switched over to generic brand of Spring Water bought at the
local grocery store for less than $1 a gallon. Have never had a problem.
JMHO
ME-Judy

. ..

Old August 27th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elaine Abner

I've had my Rowenta Professional Luxe for about 5 years and never had a
problem with it. Would buy another without hesitation.
Elaine in GA

Old August 28th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy

I've had my second Rowenta Professional for about 3 years, and just LOVE it.
I did manage to break one after allowing it to drop several times from my
ironing board...I am very careful not to allow this one to drop! Nancy

Old August 28th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

I swore I'd never buy another Rowenta, after 2 konked out on me in less than
1 year. They were both about $80 each, so I wasn't happy! I had a T-Fal
for about 4 years & I was quite happy with it, but the temperature knob got
stuck on it & I didn't want to take a chance on it, but for $30, it was a
good investment. I did breakdown & get a Rowenta Professional something or
other at TSWLTH when they were on sale - think it was a $140 iron & got it
for under $100, so I'm trying to learn to love it, but it still spits at me
from time to time - that's just plain rude, don't you think?
--
Pauline
Northern California
. ..

Old August 28th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debbi

I got my Rowenta a couple of years ago at Tuesday Morning. Was a half
decent price. So far it has worked fine. Even will iron clothes every
now and then which I HATE to do. I made sure my had an automatic turn
off as I have only 1 brain cell left in my head and I baby it all the
time. Can't over use it or it will be gone too.

Debbi in SO CA

Old August 28th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nana2b

I have a Rowenta Pro (without a non stick soleplate of any kind) that I use
for household ironing, hence it is used sparingly. LOL. My quilting iron
is a $25 Black & Decker that I purchased at Target. Titanium sole plat,
retracable cord, auto shut-off, self-cleaning and quick heat up. I have it
2 years now. It has good manners and never spits at me. Absolutely nothing
sticks to it and that includes wonder-under and like products.

JMHO, YMMV, Linda in Tx