question about my Rowenta

Old November 17th 05, 04:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default question about my Rowenta

Why does the Rowenta book say NOT to use distilled water in the iron? That
doesn't make any sense to me.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
**************************
Sail on, silver girl - sail on by.

Old November 17th 05, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Many irons now require a bit of salt,
minerals, etc., to work. I use Brita
filter water.

Old November 17th 05, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The fine print in my manual says "depending on how hard your water is". I
checked with DS who works for the water department and our water hardness is
borderline. So I use Brita filtered tap water and a small amount of
distilled water. My iron works just fine.

Betty in WI

Old November 17th 05, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Judy, that's what I do, too. Our well water (we live in the country) is so
hard it really messes up irons and everything else (I've been trying to get
my DH to buy a water softener for 27 years!), so I either buy bottled
drinking water by the gallon, or mix distilled water 1/2 and 1/2 with our
well water.
--
Donna in Idaho
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

Old November 17th 05, 08:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'm just tired of my filtered tap water gobbing up the iron. Are you guys
SURE it won't work right with distilled water?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
sigh

Old November 17th 05, 08:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Try it.....mine spit out water but you might find it works o.k.. But as
someone suggested, buy drinking water instead of distilled water. We have it
in bulk in our County Market store. You use your own bottle and refill it
when you need more. Costs something like 59 cents for a gallon.

Old November 17th 05, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

We have a PUR filter thingie on one of the sinks. That's what I use for the
Rowenta. My Rowenta gets filled several times a day, I don't empty it when
I'm through, and she does have to be flushed out about once a month. DH
says why don't you call Rowenta and ask them or see if they have a website
with FAQ. Polly

Old November 17th 05, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Just have to ask why you don't buy your own water softener?
Is there still a Culligan man around? We have really good
soft water at the desert house. Here in SB the water is
so hard it makes cleaning a huge chore. We won't be here
but another year or I'd get a water softener. I am
kind of cheap I guess.
Taria

Old November 17th 05, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Betty in Wi" wrote in message
news
Try it.....mine spit out water but you might find it works o.k.. But as
someone suggested, buy drinking water instead of distilled water. We have
it in bulk in our County Market store. You use your own bottle and refill
it when you need more. Costs something like 59 cents for a gallon.

Mine spit water too, and kept doing it for a long time!! It's okay now
though. I do use our well water, which is not hard. But no more distilled
water!

Iris