My Rowenta

Old March 30th 05, 10:30 PM
Kate Dicey

KJ wrote:

OK, now I can officially join the I hate my Rowenta club. I've heard bad
things over the years about the expensive Rowentas but couldn't join in
because I have/had two that were just fine. They got very hot and other
than the one that beeps before shutting off, I liked them both. Now one of
them has died (not the beeper, darn), which isn't too sad since it must be
about 15 years old. I had a back up Rowenta Professional I'd purchased for
half off at the store closing sale. This one is doing nothing but leaking
all over my ironing board when sitting on it! GRRRRRR I've done a little
searching and have found it's a very common complaint, but haven't read any
solutions other than throwing it in the garbage. People who have had them
repaired haven't been happy. I've read good things about the Panasonic
Titanium sole irons that can be found at Target....guess I'll watch for on
of those. Have any of you tried the Bernina or Maytag irons? Do you like
them?

My Rowenta P2 Professional only started leaking after several years and
several rapid descents top carpet level. It's 5-6 years old and a bit
leaky now.

I like my cheap & cheerful £8 Goblin, even though it doea have a Teflon
sole plate. It's cheap enough that I don't need to worry about it, and
small enough for the sewing room, while still being a full sozed iron.

I do like our new tank steam generator iron, and will use this for a
final pressing of a project tomorrow.

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old March 30th 05, 10:55 PM
KJ

Default My Rowenta

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam-" before mchsi

Old March 31st 05, 12:50 AM
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

I bought a Shark iron at Target. $25 or so and can be used with or
without the cord. Stainless sole plate. I think it's wonderful and
will buy another when this one dies.

joan
http://tinyurl.com/6xjvz

Old March 31st 05, 12:55 AM
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Sorry, thought that would work.

http://tinyurl.com/6x9au

Old March 31st 05, 01:05 AM
Louise

I haven't tried either the Bernina or the Maytag, but I'd like to. Fons &
Porter really talked up the Maytag during Festival the last few weeks
(apparently nothing sticks to the sole plate - even fusible stuff!). I'm
definitely going to look at one the next time one of my irons dies.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

newsfF2e.117640$r55.31051@attbi_s52...

Old March 31st 05, 01:10 AM
Lisa Caryl

Hi Kathyl,
I can tell you about one to forget....I bought a GE at Walmart in the $20
to $25 range. It doesn't get hot enough and it doesn't steam unless I hit
the 'burst of steam' button all the time. I will be looking for a new one
soon too.

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

Old March 31st 05, 01:12 AM
Pauline O'Connell

I'm in the "no more Rowenta's in my house" club as well. Had 2, one top of
the line & one middle of the line. Had trouble with both leaking after
about 2 years. I read (perhaps here) that T-Fal was a good iron & stumbled
across one at Tuesday Morning a couple of years ago & have been really,
really happy with it. It gets very hot, doesn't leak or squirt or drip. It
does have auto shut-off, but I like that feature & it only takes a few
seconds to heat up again. Not sure how long it takes to shut off, but it's
a reasonable amount of time. I believe Sears & Mervyn's both carry the
T-Fal iron.
I have a friend who bought the Maytag cordless & returned it, because, for
her, it cooled off too quickly & she had to keep setting it in it's cradle
to warm it up again.

Good luck on your search - it's such an important tool for us.

Pauline

Old March 31st 05, 01:14 AM
Pauline O'Connell

Joan,
Does your iron stay hot for long if you use it without the cord? And does
it get really hot? (Would like a cordless, but haven't been sold on one
yet.)

Pauline
oups.com...

Old March 31st 05, 01:24 AM
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Yes, it gets really hot and, no, it doesn't stay really hot for a
really long time when cordless. But I think the choice of either cord
or no cord makes a great compromise.

joan
http://tinyurl.com/6x9au

irons joysjane Quilting 17 October 26th 04 02:57 AM
Rowenta iron is special value on QVC [email protected] Quilting 1 August 31st 04 01:50 PM
$25 dollars off Rowenta at JoAnns??? ..Mickie Swall.. Quilting 57 May 4th 04 07:35 PM
That Iron Question Again MJ Quilting 5 November 1st 03 03:42 AM
applause for Rowenta Polly Esther Quilting 3 July 17th 03 07:29 PM