OT- Teaching at Bead Stores question

Old March 2nd 05, 01:45 PM
KDK

Default OT- Teaching at Bead Stores question

Ok there are 2 bead stores near me. neither currently offer classes in PMC
and I'm ready to start teaching some beginner classes. Is it ok to approach
both stores? I know in the academic publishing world you don't double
submit and that makes sense. Neither store is very big and they are not
next door neighbors.

What do y'all think?

Kathy K

Old March 2nd 05, 03:01 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I would say that you should offer at one place first, then if denied, try
the other. I would also go in with at least 3 differen project plans
developed. If 1 store only likes 1 project, that leaves you free to 'sell'
the other projects to the other store.

B.

Old March 2nd 05, 03:43 PM
Bead Carol

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:
I would say that you should offer at one place first, then if denied,

try
the other. I would also go in with at least 3 differen project plans
developed. If 1 store only likes 1 project, that leaves you free to

'sell'
the other projects to the other store.

I like Barbara's idea!

Carol in SLC

Old March 2nd 05, 03:55 PM

If you are going to approach both stores, I think it is only common
courtesy to ask the first store how they feel about that. It would not
be a good business practice if the store owner found out about it from
an ad or someone else. Retail is highly competitive these days, there's
not that much business around, at least on the east coast.
I know galleries often have restrictions on artists selling their work
to other galleries within a certain mile range.

Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com

Old March 2nd 05, 05:41 PM
Kandice Seeber

I personally wouldn't, only because who has the time to teach at both if
they both accept? But I would have no idea if going to both is considered a
no-no or not.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old March 3rd 05, 04:33 AM
KDK

Thanks for all the replies. Pretty much what I was thinking. Now to get my
act together....

Kathy K

Old March 3rd 05, 05:54 AM
Kalera Stratton

I think it depends on how far away they are from each other; whether
they share clientele or have different clientele.

http://www.beadwife.com