The 783 piece Tumbler

Old May 19th 08, 10:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
R. E. Wicker

Default The 783 piece Tumbler

Tumbler Quilt! I am on my last one hundred and will be laying out the
top two rows and bottom two rows to start and bring some unity to this
Scrappy Tumbler Quilt. I am in the state of JOY on this Memorial
Week. As a overseas Navy Veteran of WWII, I am thankful for many
things including longevity. I am tempted to give my treasured Red
Star quilt to a two term veteran of the Iraq war and thought I'd talk
it over with you good folks first. He is 28 and is a PT in the
cardiac rehab where I go three times a week. (He is handsome) He and
his 29 year old wife ran in the Marathon on Saturday, they just moved
in to their first brand new home....and well, I thought I would like
to honor he...but you know the quilt is not without it's
flaws...easily seen by any quilter....well, I'm not sure...I kept
thinking I wanted to warm my knees this winter and think of all of
you. On the FENCE. Help!!!
Old May 19th 08, 11:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Go with your heart, Rhoda.
Flaws, if any, will not matter a jot - seen or unseen.
If you want to give your treasured quilt to the young man, do.
(You can always use something else for your knees; and you can look us
up here to remind you of us).

On the other hand, you could make a much smaller quilt, specially for
your young man. This, is, of course, adding another branch to the
decision-making process! Sorry!
..
In message , R. E. Wicker
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old May 19th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Johanna Gibson

On Mon, 19 May 2008 04:13:49 -0500, R. E. Wicker
wrote:

[...]

Go with your heart. We can send you more fabric. Are you in the
directory?

Yours,

-- Jo in Scotland
Old May 19th 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jane Zoerb

Go with your heart. I know that some Vets and they appreciate that someone
has taken the time to make them a quilt. He will not see any flaws in it.

--
Jane http//windigothreads.shutterfly.com

Old May 19th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Sounds to me like you want to do it :-) He'll be so happy and honored that
you appreciate him, he won't see flaws. And maybe you'll get the Tumbler
finished before it gets really cold.
Roberta in D

Old May 20th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
R. E. Wicker

Thanks you for your comments. I am putting this decision on "hold"
for the time being and make sure the avenue for this gesture is
perfectly clear.

Rhoda
http://home.att.net/~rewicker/quilts

crystals in tumbler? RA Beads 22 July 23rd 12 05:39 AM
Scrappy Tumbler R. E. Wicker Quilting 8 March 30th 08 09:32 AM
Tumbler abrasives Jack Schmidling Jewelry 14 May 30th 04 08:03 AM
Using a Rock Tumbler Allen Mealer Polymer Clay 2 January 15th 04 08:07 PM
First time tumbler WebKatz Jewelry 1 November 15th 03 09:09 PM