LONG: Re-Invite: Red Lake Memeorial Quilt Project

Old August 16th 05, 04:49 PM
Dreamweaver

Default LONG: Re-Invite: Red Lake Memeorial Quilt Project

The Project continues with an extended deadline so if you considered
joining in, now is your chance. I will be delivering the quilts next
Spring - April/May is the plan right now.
I have a commitment of 9 completed quilts and have two beautiful ones in
hand. (We need around 25 [don't have time to look up the exact number right
now!], which includes survivors, slain children's families, school,
community, ambulance companies, fire dept., and police dept.) One is a
large couch, perhaps single-bed size and the other is a wall-hanging.
They're perfect! Thanks Jan and Donna!
In case you are new and have no clue what I'm talking about, March 26,
2005 a young man on the Red Lake Indian Reservation in Northern Minnesota
went to his Grandfather's home (a RL Police Officer), took his GF's guns,
shot his GF and his GF's companion, stole the squad car and drove to the
school where he shot a security guard, teacher and approximately 13 fellow
classmates. A few survived but most were killed.
I felt and feel moved to honor these people with quilts. The reason for
the year long deadline is they have a tradition of trying not to think about
the deceased for a year so the deceased are freed to cross over and don't
feel they need to stay here and care for the living. I had originally set a
deadline of Sept. 1 so the project wouldn't be forgotten but I forgot how
busy Summer's are!
If you would like to contribute, I'm asking for a finished quilt, WUH or
larger. Email me for the details.
Thank you so much for your support. If you'd like to learn more about
the Red Lake Band of Ojibwe, here is their website.
http://www.redlakenation.org/
--
Whoohoo!
Dreamweaver- I understand there have been approximately 6-8 suicides of

"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath
of a buffalo in the winter time. It is the little shadow which runs across
the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
-- Crowfoot, April 1890

Old August 19th 05, 01:01 AM
Melissa in NJ

The seeing stars swap group is donating a quilt. I just got all the stars
donated to the HUG we're donating in the mail within the last week so I
could assemble. What is the new deadline.

Melissa in NJ

--
Pics of My Quilts:
http://community.webshots.com/user/quiltngryhndlady

Quilt Something for Yourself!
--
Remove STOPCRAP to reply

Old August 19th 05, 02:01 AM
Dreamweaver

That's what I heard Melissa! Thank you to everyone involved!!!!!! You all
are the best!!!!

Deadline early March.
--
Whoohoo!
Dreamweaver - that's 10! Cool! (Just discovered spell-check doesn't check

Old August 19th 05, 01:40 PM
Melissa in NJ

Woohoo...deeadline extension. Can't say as that isn't welcome news!!!!
You'll love this quilt. The stars that were donated are gorgeous!!!!

Melissa in NJ

Old August 19th 05, 02:41 PM
Dreamweaver

Well then, I second that whoohoo!
--
Whoohoo!
Dreamweaver

"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath
of a buffalo in the winter time. It is the little shadow which runs across
the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
-- Crowfoot, April 1890

ups.com...

Old August 20th 05, 03:28 PM
DrQuilter

Dreamweaver, the top of a wall hanging in pastels is almost done. This
one was made almost exclusively with Snigs blocks... I am intending to
finish it before we move next weekend. I think the credit should go to her.

And I have the blocks for another, probably a twin.

How about setting up a webpage with the received quilts to inspire others?

Dreamweaver wrote:
[...]

(take the dog out for a walk)
Old August 21st 05, 04:39 PM
Dreamweaver

Comments interspersed
--
Whoohoo!
Dreamweaver

"DrQuilter" wrote in message
Dreamweaver, the top of a wall hanging in pastels is almost done. This
one was made almost exclusively with Snigs blocks... I am intending to
finish it before we move next weekend. I think the credit should go to

her.

It sounds wonderful! Thanks to Snigs and you!

And I have the blocks for another, probably a twin.

That sounds great! I can't wait!

How about setting up a webpage with the received quilts to inspire others?

Will work on taking the pics today and get them exposed as finances permit!
It's a great idea!

Thanks to everyone who donated and to everyone for their support and good
thoughts.
Dreamie-It's not too late to be a part of this!