ultimate knitting machine

Old October 16th 04, 08:26 PM
frustrated 1

Default ultimate knitting machine

I have had an ultimate knitting machine for about a month now and am
massively frustrated. first it came with a defective part, which the
company replaced (the sliding piece was not milled properly so the
plates did not lie flat). now that the new part is here (about 2
weeks), i have tried numerous times to get it to work but at most get
two rows before it jams. it never jams in the same place twice,
sometimes after the row is knit, some needles are open and some are
closed. usually it jams within 10 stitches of the beginning or end of
the row, but never the same place twice.
it is clamped (not too tightly so it won't tilt) onto a level
art/craft table and has ample room. everyone in the family has tried
to use it and everyone gets no further than two rows maximimum then it
jams and we go rip out and start over ....again.
any advice? suggestions? experiences? solace? i can hand knit ten
times faster than this thing does 2 rows of practice knitting.
thanks for the help (and keeping me from losing my mind with it!) )
Old October 17th 04, 02:27 AM
Maine-iac Rose

I had a hard time with the USM, or maybe the ISM, both are alike, just
different names. Well I just got the EZ Knitter, which I think is made just
for Wally World, but again is the same. I do get the carriage to hang on
the edge of one panel, so have to maneuver it a little, good thing it is on
the outside edge, so if I'm doing something small, it doesn't get over that
part. So I don't know if it is that with you. I do also have one of those
bigger bulky knitter's with the ribber, but each time I take it out, I have
to look at the instructions, or keep knitting just to remember it. But
there are times I may want to sew or make a quilt. My first knitting
machine, and I still have and use it from time to time is the Brother
KX-350, just a little better than the Bond, but only does the thin and fine
yarn.
It almost sounds like there is some kind of defect with that machine, if how
many ppl have tried, and it only gets thru a couple rows. I don't know if
waxing the carriage where it touches the needlebed will help. You might end
up getting a replacement.

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns to email me
http://community.webshots.com/user/maineiacrose

om...

Old October 17th 04, 05:12 AM

Are you trying to use the yarn from the middle of a scan??

Yarn has to be lying loosely on the table in order for the machine to
work properly.
There has to be almost no tension on the yarn. Too much tension on the
yarn will make the stitches way to small and will make it very hard, or
impossible, to slide carriage across machine.

Yarn tension is just as important with machine knitters as it is with
hand knitters.

Bart

Old October 17th 04, 07:11 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I have the Incredible sweater machine ,,, as my mother used to have a
Knittax and did quite nice things i thought to get more fun . Took me
a very long time to get used to work with it , i pull out enough
thread before moving the carriage , i check the needles , if it gets
stuck , look carefuly inside to see which one you have to move a
little so it gets free again. Since the knittedpart has to be hung
downwards , i find that after a while [when i shoud roll it so it
stayes in the `air` ] it gets uneasy to knit further ,,, due to all of
this i have given up on trying the patterns , i use it mainly to knit
very straight parts ,, [ wonderful to make a base for a shrug , or
2-3 for a long vest .....am still not to happy withit but when it
works i am happy ... mirjam

Sewing Machine FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 0 November 2nd 04 11:47 PM
Machine Knitting Patterns! Marge Parker Marketplace 0 October 26th 04 03:13 PM
FAQ for RCTQ Diana Curtis Quilting 5 March 1st 04 05:45 PM
Its that time again! FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 9 February 1st 04 08:08 PM
Welcome to RCTQ FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 10 November 3rd 03 05:43 PM