OT - New kitten

Old April 7th 12, 12:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

Default OT - New kitten

Well, my old male cat Jabba (aka Sir Fuss-a-lot) crossed the Rainbow
bridge in Feburary. He was almost 16 years old. His litter-mate,
Miss Scarlett, who is still going strong, misses him terribly.

So when someone found a kitten wandering around a parking lot, I took
her in. Miss Sarah is 9 weeks old, a calico, a snuggler, and has been
well-trained already. Scarlett is *Not* amused In fact, she
wants nothing to do with Sarah. When I put them in the same room,
with me there to intervene if necessary, Scarlett growls, snarls, and
then heads for the highest point, leaving Sarah with full run of the
floor. This is going to get interesting as I let Sarah have more and
more access to the rest of the house.
Old April 8th 12, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Friday, April 6, 2012 7:10:06 PM UTC-4, Fran wrote:
Well, my old male cat Jabba (aka Sir Fuss-a-lot) crossed the Rainbow
bridge in Feburary. He was almost 16 years old. His litter-mate,
Miss Scarlett, who is still going strong, misses him terribly.

So when someone found a kitten wandering around a parking lot, I took
her in. Miss Sarah is 9 weeks old, a calico, a snuggler, and has been
well-trained already. Scarlett is *Not* amused In fact, she
wants nothing to do with Sarah. When I put them in the same room,
with me there to intervene if necessary, Scarlett growls, snarls, and
then heads for the highest point, leaving Sarah with full run of the
floor. This is going to get interesting as I let Sarah have more and
more access to the rest of the house.

Good luck! After nearly 10 years of sharing a household, my Zoe still hates my Elvis. Hiss, spit, and run every time they get near each other. Poor Elvis.

LOL,
Donna in Virginia
Old April 9th 12, 01:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but Scarlett calms down after about 10
minutes when they are both in the same room, espeicially if I fuss
with her a lot. I've decided this means they will eventually reach a
state of detaunt (sp)

On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 18:14:26 -0300, wrote:

On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 13:24:58 -0700 (PDT), Donna
wrote:

[...]

Yes, a friend had an upstairs cat and a downstairs cat, never the
twain met, even after the upstairs cat died of old age, the downstairs
never ventured upstairs.

They were litter mates too.

Old April 9th 12, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ndjoan

On 4/9/2012 6:12 AM, wrote:
I've decided you never know with cats - I have had this cat five years

Has it really been that long already???? I remember when you got her!

She was called Martha ... I renamed her Hidiyeh which is
Persian for Gift - ha ha some gift. She has never answered to either

Maybe you should have called her "Snit"! lol

--
Joan

See my needlework he
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Unknown
Old April 13th 12, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 4/8/12 8:25 PM, in article ,
"Fran" wrote:

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but Scarlett calms down after about 10
minutes when they are both in the same room, espeicially if I fuss
with her a lot. I've decided this means they will eventually reach a
state of detaunt (sp)

Not having cats, I'll hope your optimism works. With dogs, IME, it
generally works out. So sorry to hear about your Jabba. But glad to hear
you've taken in a kitten. And seriously, keeping the hopes up for Scarlett
& Miss Sarah to find détente (sp?).

I'm seeing Puckster showing some age more these days, as he's coming up on
11 next month, and that jump up onto our rather high 4 poster is sometimes
tough. DH taught him a pose where he stands with front legs one up on the
bed, and the Left one raised - so as to make it easier for DH to put his arm
under for the big lift around chest & bum. But, I'm not picking up that 65#
bundle of joy. We're ordering steps for him. To the point - we're starting
the puppy breeding search - that first - and soon, I hope.

Ellice

Old April 13th 12, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 4/10/12 1:47 PM, in article , "ndjoan"
wrote:

On 4/9/2012 11:35 AM, wrote:
Maybe you should have called her "Snit"! lol

I'm not as nice as you Joan - by 2 a.m. I was yelling 'shut up b***h'

LOL! You're right. That's not something I would have said.

Our puppy is *finally* starting to sleep longer than 5am! knock wood!
Although for some odd reason he has started "digging" in his kennel in
the middle of the night. The other night I surprised him when I went in
and whammed my hand on top of the kennel! He's been better since.

Puckster still has to kind of rumple things up. We got him some memory foam
mats to lay on in the places he likes hang out, but had to go put towels on
the top, because found him trying to scratch up the mats, and they won't do
that. Perhaps putting a big towel in there will give the pup something to
"dig". We figure it lets him make his own sort of puddle/pile/cave
whatever. For the mats - I'd seen them in a couple of stores - for pets at
about $20, and then the COSTCO had a slightly large size bath mat, for $13 -
so we bought the COSTCO bath mats - working great!

Funny story. We named the puppy Duke (he's now 6 mo. and taller than
our lab). DGD Addison has been over a number of times since we got him
and she mostly handles him pretty well (he's a little overbearing yet).
When DS & DIL were on their way to our house on Sunday, Addison was
saying, "See Gamma Duke? See Gampa Duke?" ROTFL! So much for being
called Grandmama or even regular Grandma!

Pretty funny - you know how you're id'ed.

Ellice

Old April 14th 12, 11:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ndjoan

On 4/13/2012 11:27 AM, Ellice K. wrote:

We got him some memory foam
mats to lay on in the places he likes hang out, but had to go put towels on
the top, because found him trying to scratch up the mats, and they won't do
that. Perhaps putting a big towel in there will give the pup something to
"dig".

No can do. He had a flannel sheet in there and chewed it up. We got
him a kennel pad that was velcroed shut. After about a week he figured
out how to open the velcro and chewed the foam padding apart, so now he
gets nothing soft! I'm still hoping he'll come out of this chewing
stage...he's past teething.

Joan
Old April 15th 12, 04:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

Our 3-1/2 year old Cavalier still chews. He has some emotional
problems, or what his breeder likes to call "confidence issues". We've
had to really work hard to keep him calm, get him used to sudden noises,
loud noises, and learn to trust us. He chews his ear hair (which is of
course long because of his breed) until it's dripping with saliva. He
eats anything he can get - including cloth, paper, foil and plastic
wrappers. We have to be very vigilant to keep things out of his reach.
We can't hang jackets or sweaters on chairs. And we definitely keep
the door shut to the laundry room. We had to call an emergency vet last
month because he ate a packet of aspertame that fell out of hubby's
pocket. 10ccs of peroxide brought that back up. What fun.

But we love him to death, and he can be so loveable back. We're glad
he's here, as Parker - our first Cavalier now almost 5, is deaf and
Kinsey keeps him on his toes.

Dianne

On 4/14/2012 6:26 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 17:17:26 -0500, ndjoan
wrote:

On 4/13/2012 11:27 AM, Ellice K. wrote:

We got him some memory foam
mats to lay on in the places he likes hang out, but had to go put towels on
the top, because found him trying to scratch up the mats, and they won't do
that. Perhaps putting a big towel in there will give the pup something to
"dig".

No can do. He had a flannel sheet in there and chewed it up. We got
him a kennel pad that was velcroed shut. After about a week he figured
out how to open the velcro and chewed the foam padding apart, so now he
gets nothing soft! I'm still hoping he'll come out of this chewing
stage...he's past teething.

Joan

Our lab was bad for chewing as a pup, even chewed, and ate a lovely
red leather collar my mother sent from Spain. We came down in the
morning and all that was left were the three metal pieces lol He grew
out of it with adult teeth.

OT-how to tell the gender of a kitten Vikki In WA State Quilting 14 August 12th 07 10:47 PM
OT - The kitten has a name Jalynne Beads 9 September 21st 04 02:52 AM
OT - New kitten and need your help Jalynne Beads 25 September 17th 04 07:09 PM
Knitting with a kitten SlinkyToy Yarn 9 November 5th 03 06:38 AM
About that kitten SlinkyToy Yarn 11 September 29th 03 09:18 AM