Erasing/patching a stairwell - photos of the process

Old April 14th 04, 10:23 PM
Cathy Weeks

Default Erasing/patching a stairwell - photos of the process

http://weeksfamily.net/dollhouse/stairwell.html

Here are pictures of the process of getting rid of a stairwell. It's
not perfect, but it does look pretty good, and I'm not unhappy with
the results.

Cathy Weeks
Old April 15th 04, 12:08 AM
Carol

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
m...
http://weeksfamily.net/dollhouse/stairwell.html

Here are pictures of the process of getting rid of a stairwell. It's
not perfect, but it does look pretty good, and I'm not unhappy with
the results.

Cathy Weeks

Looks good! Nice work.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old April 15th 04, 03:33 AM
betsyb

"Carol" wrote in message

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
m...
http://weeksfamily.net/dollhouse/stairwell.html

Here are pictures of the process of getting rid of a stairwell. It's
not perfect, but it does look pretty good, and I'm not unhappy with
the results.

Cathy Weeks

Looks good! Nice work.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

I agree, looks fine. Know those little plastic boxes that cherry tomatoes
come in? Unless someone knows of a smaller mesh container. Sprayed
black/pewter-grey it could become a heat register like they used to have on
the floors in older houses? Lose the post, it looks wrong unless it's glued.
park a toy box on the end, away from the wall.

Old April 15th 04, 01:15 PM
Cathy Weeks

"betsyb" wrote in message ...

I agree, looks fine. Know those little plastic boxes that cherry tomatoes
come in? Unless someone knows of a smaller mesh container. Sprayed
black/pewter-grey it could become a heat register like they used to have on
the floors in older houses?

I could also use it to make a wrought-iron gate. I'd been wondering
how I could do that. Thanks!

Lose the post, it looks wrong unless it's glued.

It's already lost. The set is already put away for a future house. I
only put it in the photo to demonstrate how badly designed the
stairwell was.

park a toy box on the end, away from the wall.

Is that to hide the plug in the upstairs floor? No need. I'm going to
be creating the same flooring that I did for the lower floor (cofee
stirrers mounted on posterboard), and covering the entire floor
including the plywood. It'll be pretty much invisible.

Thanks both of you for the comments!

Cathy Weeks
Old April 15th 04, 04:50 PM
betsyb

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
om...
"betsyb" wrote in message

[...]

The toy bos idea was top keep children away from the grate? Can have them
walking on it?