EQ7 overload

Old June 10th 10, 01:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
She in PA[_2_]

Default EQ7 overload

I loaded EQ7 and started looking at it, so much stuff it's
unbelievable. I told my husband I will never sew a quilt again, I will
just sit and design and color blocks. I just looked at the basics.
Have any of you actually designed a quilt and made it. The ladies in
my guild haven't made a quilt they designed. I am amazed at what all
it can do. There is a lot in this program for pictures.To be good at
this program it will take a long time. But, I will have fun trying.
Old June 10th 10, 01:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 07:06:00 -0500, She in PA wrote
(in article
):

I loaded EQ7 and started looking at it, so much stuff it's
unbelievable. I told my husband I will never sew a quilt again, I will
just sit and design and color blocks. I just looked at the basics.
Have any of you actually designed a quilt and made it. The ladies in
my guild haven't made a quilt they designed. I am amazed at what all
it can do. There is a lot in this program for pictures.To be good at
this program it will take a long time. But, I will have fun trying.

I can't wait to get my EQ7. I have a WH designed in EQ6 that I definitely
plan to make, someday. When I get caught up with my other projects. Sigh.

Maureen

Old June 10th 10, 02:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

I've designed several quilts in EQ6. I love to experiment with the layouts.
I haven't downloaded any fabrics, but just use the colors and fabrics
already available on the program. What I love, is that as you add sashings,
borders, etc, it keeps track of the total size of the quilt, as well as
telling you how long each border must be. When I made a pieced border on my
Eternal Leaf quilt, it enabled me to adjust the previous border in width, so
the pieced border fit exactly. You can see the leaf quilt and the log cabin
quilt in my Webshots album....both were done on EQ. Now I just wish I knew
what to do with the thread and quilting "layers".

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old June 10th 10, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

I have found that the program is also useful to mock up ideas for
client quilts/placemats/table runners/ etc. to send them by email. I
have scanned in my possible fabrics for this and played with design
options before cutting anything. I keep telling myself that I should
quilt-play in EQ before closing the computer instead of playing "Fitz"
but I have to get out level 27 first! jennellh

Old June 10th 10, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

You can download fabric collections from EQ for free.

My friend Judy Laquidera

http://www.patchworktimes.com/

is a whiz at EQ. She's going to start doing tutorials on her blog. She
designs everything in EQ and her borders are unbelievable.

Cindy

Old June 10th 10, 08:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tutu Haynes-Smart

I've had EQ since EQ4 - and I virtually never cut fabric before having
something on the computer in EQ - I love that program and the people who
develop it. It's not perfect. But neither am I! I even drafted all the DJ
blocks into EQ4 - that was before they put out the DJ program.

Expecting my upgrade to arrive in July sometime if I'm lucky. It's a LONG
way to get here ....

--
Cheers for now
Tutu

Old June 10th 10, 10:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

Thanks for that link. I need to spend more time there checking out her tips
and tutorials. I knew her name sounded familiar....I have her nine-patch
extravaganza book!

Old June 11th 10, 08:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

"She in PA" wrote in message
I loaded EQ7 and started looking at it, so much stuff it's
unbelievable. I told my husband I will never sew a quilt again, I will
just sit and design and color blocks. I just looked at the basics.
Have any of you actually designed a quilt and made it. The ladies in
my guild haven't made a quilt they designed. I am amazed at what all
it can do. There is a lot in this program for pictures.To be good at
this program it will take a long time. But, I will have fun trying.

I'm waiting for my upgrade too all the way Down Under. Our $ exchange
rate has been dreadful for the last month, but following encouraging
economic news, it has improved significantly this week, so I hope EQ
bill my card soon!
I have designed and made many quilts started off in EQ6 and like other
posters, use it as a tool all the time.
Love it.
Old June 11th 10, 12:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Hiya Tutu! With all this World Cup stuff going on, I think of you
often. I'll probably get a lot of sewing done while trying to maintain
a football-free zone :-)
Roberta in D, where the latest fad in auto-related football mania is a
pair of side mirror covers in the national colors.

Old June 11th 10, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tutu Haynes-Smart

Default Was: EQ7 overload Now FIFA world Cup Soccer 2010

Yes indeed - we have wall to wall soccer for the next month! Our opening
ceremony was pretty cool - but our 1-1 draw against Mexico in the opening
game was less than stellar, despite the fact that we are ranked 83(ish) in
the world and Mexico are ranked in the mid teens somewhere.

But it is lots of fun to see most of the cars with flags and wing mirror
flag covers - I especially like seeing the split nationaty cars with a flag
for one country on the left and another country's flag on the right.

Big party here for a month! Good luck to all the contestants!

And to try and keep this on topic - I really, really, really need to finish
a baby quilt - the mother just won't wait too much longer!
--
Cheers for now
Tutu