EQ7

Old April 27th 10, 01:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

Default EQ7

http://www.overrainbow.com is offering pre-order of the software for
June shipment at a price of $149.50. This is the least expensive
offer that I have found so far - others, for the full EQ7 edition vary
from $192, $179 price ranges. The price for the EQ7 Upgrade edition
seems to be stable in the $75 range. Now, if I could find one with
free shipping to Canada! jennellh
Old April 27th 10, 02:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

have it shipped to someone in the usa, then they can send it on to you?
that is a really good price. must check that out. thanks, jenn.
j.

"Jennifer in Ottawa" wrote ...

Old April 27th 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

Jennifer in Ottawa wrote:
http://www.overrainbow.com is offering pre-order of the software for
June shipment at a price of $149.50. This is the least expensive
offer that I have found so far - others, for the full EQ7 edition vary
from $192, $179 price ranges. The price for the EQ7 Upgrade edition
seems to be stable in the $75 range. Now, if I could find one with
free shipping to Canada! jennellh

This could be interesting but I'll have to check if the upgrade requires
EQ6 to be installed before adding EQ7. I've been using EQ for a while
and am at #6 now. But each one after EQ4 is an upgrade. So whenever I
get a new computer I will need to install 4 then 5 then 6 .... I'm not
sure that I want to add another link to the chain.

Allison

Old April 27th 10, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

Hi Allison, you'll get the correct info about upgrading from EQ
themselves by e-mail .... the only specific info regarding upgrades
that I have seen concerns having a full EQ5 with #6upgrade =
#7Upgrade.....I don't see why it shouldn't also work for previous
editions with a full chain. All that is required to load the #7
upgrade when you have the full #5 installed is the license#and
password for #6.......activations on #6 don't count.

I have just pre-ordered from Planet Patchwork: Upgrade with coupon
code: infoeq7 (worth $3 off) plus FREE SHIPPING special.....I'm
pleased! jennellh

Old April 27th 10, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Yes, you have to have EQ6 installed before installing the update.

One of the main reasons I bought 7 was that they finally did away with the
stupid activation policy. You can now load your EQ on as many machines as
you need to. Even have 2 machines running EQ at the same time. Version 6
limited you to (I think) 4 installations total. I loaded it onto my PC and
laptop. Then I got a new PC, so it took my 3rd allowed activation to load
it. For awhile there, I had trouble with my laptop and was afraid I was
going to have to use my 4th activation to re-load everything.

I swore I was going back to version 5 and was never going to buy another EQ
product.

And I agree it is a royal PITA to have to keep loading the previous
versions. I didn't start using it till 5, but I sure see your point. But the
only other option that I can see is to buy each version as a new purchase,
rather than an update!

Maybe you could get a full version of 5 or 6 cheaper and start loading from
there?

Cindy

"Allison" wrote in message
m...

Old April 27th 10, 05:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX

On Apr 27, 8:48*am, Allison wrote:
This could be interesting but I'll have to check if the upgrade requires
EQ6 to be installed before adding EQ7. *I've been using EQ for a while
and am at #6 now. *But each one after EQ4 is an upgrade. *So whenever *I
get a new computer I will need to install 4 then 5 then 6 .... *I'm not
sure that I want to add another link to the chain.

Allison

You do not need to have EQ6 installed before upgrading to EQ7. You
just need your "license ID" & "password", which is inside the back
cover of your EQ6 User Manual. Also, upgrading from EQ6 to EQ7 does
not count as using an EQ6 license.

Bev in TX
Old April 28th 10, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson[_2_]

I'm not a computer expert, but if you are using a PC will the new
computer be running MS 7? If so, would EQ 4, 5, 6, even install on
MS 7 so that you could then install the EQ 7 upgrade? I have never
used EQ.

I've had problems with other programs. I've been a Family Tree Maker
user for many years, bought countless up grades, and various
indexes/archives of information, i.e. Census Microfilm Records:
Pennsylvania1850, and I cannot access the information on the CDs with
FTM 2010! Now I have over 30 other CDs that I cannot use! Yes I am
writing a letter.

I was able to use all of my old files and I even figured out how to
make a backup CD, and with the fancy new LightScribe CDs and program I
can scribe label them and even put pictures on them!

Isn't technology wonderful?

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

Old April 28th 10, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

I'm guessing it would only be if you were setting up EQ7 on a new
computer. It would save one link in the installation chain....

I'm curious to see what new features EQ7 has that would make me want to
upgrade.

Allison

Old April 28th 10, 07:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

Sandy wrote:
In article ,
Allison wrote:

I'm guessing it would only be if you were setting up EQ7 on a new
computer. It would save one link in the installation chain....

I'm curious to see what new features EQ7 has that would make me want to
upgrade.

Allison

Allison, go look at my blog (scroll down past the last post or two) to
see an overview of some of those new features.

Thanks!!!