Signing blocks

Old April 1st 10, 12:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Default Signing blocks

So I'm involved in a block swap on Facebook where we had to make 100 blocks
(all the same) , sign em and send em on their way.

I figured I better get them signed and outta here before the packers come
in. Grab everything that I need, sit down and just start signing away.
Figured I would just go the simple route and use part of my current siggy
line and then 2010. Do you have any idea how many times I tried to put my
zip code after MO instead of 2010?????

BTW - they are done and will be in the mail tomorrow.

Cindy from MO
(Soon to be GA)

Old April 1st 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Oh my gosh.....thankfully I caught myself each time I started to write my
zip code.

Cindy from MO
(Soon to be GA)

"Teleflora" wrote in message
I did about 25 blocks yesterday and it wasn't till I was done that I
realized I wrote 2009 on every stinking one of them. Had to rip that part
out and stick a new piece in there.

I will never do a sig block exchange again.

What was I thinking? I never even spoiled a check this year/

Cindy

Old April 2nd 10, 01:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

I'm having great difficulty in just writing 2010 - doesn't seem to flow
somehow. 2009 was much easier.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Old April 2nd 10, 01:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

did you say/think 2 thousand nine? or twenty ought nine?
do you think of it as 2 thousand ten? or twenty ten?
could just need rethinking a bit to simplify the writing of it.
i call it twenty ten so tho i've not had to write it much i typed it a few
dozen or more times and no worrys so far.
fingers crossed i dont have issues when it comes to writing it
j.

"Sally Swindells" wrote ...

Old April 2nd 10, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

I'm so impressed that you made 100 blocks all the same. Really
impressed.

Sunny
is it REALLY 2010?

Old April 2nd 10, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I think I just liked two thousand nine and had no brain/flip when writing
it. I've had to pause and flutter to do two thousand ten. OTOH, I like
twenty-ten just fine. Thanks, Jeanne. You've made one little spot in my
mind rest easier. Polly

Old April 2nd 10, 05:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Apr 1, 6:14*am, "Cindy Schmidt" wrote:
So I'm involved in a block swap on Facebook where we had to make 100 blocks
(all the same) , sign em and send em on their way.

I figured I better get them signed and outta here before the packers come
in. *Grab everything that I need, sit down and just start signing away.
Figured I would just go the simple route and use part of my current siggy
line and then 2010. *Do you have any idea how many times I tried to put my
zip code after MO instead of 2010?????

BTW - they are done and will be in the mail tomorrow.

Cindy from MO
(Soon to be G

Whoa! You made a hundred blocks? That's amazing. I've been working on
this piddly
little juvenile quilt and can't even seem to get THAT finished. You
go!
I always say two-thousand-ten. But, when referring to 1910, we say
nineteen-ten, not
one-thousand-nine-hundred-ten. So we really should say "Twenty-ten" by
that logic, no?
I am still screwing up checks and it's March!

Sherry
Old April 2nd 10, 08:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

most happy to be useful once in a while, Polly.
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote ...

Old April 2nd 10, 08:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

I'm finding it easier, because I *say* (age-related safety measure g)
it every time I have to write it (twenty-ten) - and it is so much easier
to say that 2009.
I know what you mean about the actual writing though; 2009 seemed to go
along like 'joined-up writing'.
..
In message , Sally Swindells
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green

About signing those hug blocks..... Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 28 October 31st 05 03:39 AM
Question on signing blocks Betsy Ross Quilting 3 August 3rd 05 12:56 PM
Signing in again... Vivien Quilting 16 November 16th 04 02:01 AM
OT signing off Shirley Shone Beads 11 November 4th 04 04:11 PM
signing off for now DrQuilter Quilting 6 September 27th 04 07:45 PM