the process - the text

Old January 5th 05, 12:44 PM
Peggy

Default the process - the text

Wonderful!! Now I know what the heck it is you are doing in all those
photos.

:-)

"vj" wrote in message
is online now for day 1.
if you have any questions, let me know - i want to make sure the text
is clear - without going into too much detail.

http://www.vickijean.com/metalsmithing/process_001.html

--
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com

Old January 5th 05, 01:24 PM
Diana Curtis

I have a question... (raising my hand and waving it wildly in the air) ..
what is this *investment* process...why is it called that ?
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 6th 05, 12:48 AM
Diana Curtis

yep! Thanks!
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Diana Curtis"
:

]I have a question... (raising my hand and waving it wildly in the air) ..
]what is this *investment* process...why is it called that ?

investment is both a noun and a verb?
it's "stuff" that you mix up -- like plaster. it starts out a
medium-thick liquid and then sets up very hard - and burning out the
wax/materials in the kiln just make it set harder. so when the
wax/materials burn out . . . you're left with 'investment/plaster'
with holes where the wax/cones used to be. and that's what you fill
with the liquid metal.

to *me*, it's 'plaster'.
to *Oran*, it's 'investment'. because that's the name of the actual
material and the name of the process.

if that makes sense???

Old January 6th 05, 01:18 AM
Diana Curtis

It might be a good idea. Im hoping I'm not the only person who is metal
casting ignorant. :-) enlighten us!
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Diana Curtis"
:

]yep! Thanks!

cool - maybe i should add that paragraph to the page?

Old January 9th 05, 06:11 AM
KDK

Thanks for putting up the text. I sorta had an idea how it worked - but now
it's clearer.

Kathy K