Abigail's Scrappy Tumbler Quilt

Old March 26th 09, 08:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
R. E. Wicker

Default Abigail's Scrappy Tumbler Quilt

I have just receive a call from Abigail (one of my granddaughters)
telling me her beautiful quilt has arrived at her home in CT. She is
a college student and she has waited and waited for this day. Even
though the temps in CT aren't right for a quilt she and my daughter
Christine were curled up together watching their favorite mystery.

I made this scrappy tumbler quilt from those quarters some of us buy
at every quilt show we go to from here South, East and North. I don't
do much going West.

Have to get back now to fighting off the water in my lower living
area. I think it will be some time before the water stops coming in
and then drying out before I can think about my next quilting project.

Just wanted to share this great news about the quilt.

Rhoda

http://home.att.net/~rewicker/quilts
Old March 26th 09, 11:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_6_]

Rhoda, isn't it just a great feeling when a quilt has reached its new home
and is loved? Congrats!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old March 28th 09, 06:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

R. E. Wicker wrote:
I have just receive a call from Abigail (one of my granddaughters)
telling me her beautiful quilt has arrived at her home in CT. She is
a college student and she has waited and waited for this day. Even
though the temps in CT aren't right for a quilt she and my daughter
Christine were curled up together watching their favorite mystery.

I made this scrappy tumbler quilt from those quarters some of us buy
at every quilt show we go to from here South, East and North. I don't
do much going West.

Have to get back now to fighting off the water in my lower living
area. I think it will be some time before the water stops coming in
and then drying out before I can think about my next quilting project.

Just wanted to share this great news about the quilt.

Rhoda

http://home.att.net/~rewicker/quilts

Hey Rhoda,

No better news than hearing a quilt has been received and is being
enjoyed! A beautiful quilt. (I enjoyed the other quilts on your pages
too!)

Are you in the Red River flood area? Yikes!

Hoping for some dry weather for you....
Michelle in NV
Old March 29th 09, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
R. E. Wicker

I don't want to be a whiner, but my quilt room and lower living room,
etc. is allowing a tributary of the Buffalo River to come in and ruin
my winter project of re-docorating my entire lower living level. We
are coping. The red river is west of our town about 20+ miles.

Rhoda

at, 28 Mar 2009 11:55:05 -0700, Michelle C

Old March 29th 09, 06:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_6_]

I don't consider it whining at all! I wish I could be there to help you mop
it up and/or stop the flow or even just to shake my head with you - whatever
you might need. I do hope the invasion is over before long!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old March 29th 09, 07:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

Hi Rhoda,

Sheesh! You are more than entitled to whine. That has to be very
tough. Keep hanging in there!

Sending dry thoughts your way.

Michelle in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/desert_quilter

Old March 29th 09, 10:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Whining? Whining? I think you should be shouting your dismay to everyone!
Of course it won't change anything....but don't keep your frustrations in!
It's not good for you. I hope this is over soon!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old March 31st 09, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
lenorel95

Oh Rhoda! I'm so sorry you are suffering this way! Will you need emergency
stash infusions? We can help.

Lenore

Old April 26th 09, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
R. E. Wicker

I waited to post until I had all the reminisce of the Buffalo River
soaked up from the lower living level. I do have to report that it
ruined the asphalt tiling throughout, but I determined that I would
make all else perfectly livable first. That being done, I decided to
put down some washable large rug in the living room part and the
exercise room. The rest I have scrubbed, cleaned and waxed and all
will be well. I have laid out some "possible materials" for the next
hopeful project....and am looking atsome of my favorite patterns.

Rhoda
http://home.att.net/~rewicker

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:37:28 -0700, "lenorel95"
wrote:

Oh Rhoda! I'm so sorry you are suffering this way! Will you need emergency
stash infusions? We can help.

Lenore

.. .

Old April 26th 09, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

So sorry that you had all the water damage and happy it wasn't any worse!
Sounds like you are just about ready to start sewing again.
Barbara in SC

scrappy quilt maryd[_3_] Quilting 17 March 16th 09 02:54 AM
Scrappy Tumbler Quilt! R. E. Wicker Quilting 2 February 19th 09 02:43 PM
783 piece Scrappy Tumbler! R. E. Wicker Quilting 2 December 27th 08 05:52 PM
Scrappy Tumbler R. E. Wicker Quilting 8 March 30th 08 09:32 AM
scrappy quilt & ot Christina in Ok Quilting 3 January 28th 04 10:07 AM