Scrappy Tumbler Quilt!

Old February 14th 09, 09:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
R. E. Wicker

Default Scrappy Tumbler Quilt!

Finally I have hand quilted all the rows that I can with this hugh
quilt on the frame. So today,off it comes from the frame and I will
use hoops to finish the sides as who has a frame 108 inches wide?
Anyway, I consider it a feat to have come this far. I have the frame
set up in my lower level living room and need to totally clean that
area of the house.

This has been a good winter for quilting. Who could even want to go
out of doors when it is below zero most mornings. I do get to cardiac
rehab once a week (suppose to go three) but the other days I get on my
own equipment. I have enjoyed reading the posts every day and I think
we have all been productive this year.

It is difficult to know what will happen to any of us economically
speaking, but scrap quilting may come to most of us....never bought
anything but the muslin for the back and batting. I did that by mail
and shopped on line for the best bargain...JoAnns was half the price
of most places and I thanked god for their free shipping.

Blessings are in abundance when ever we take the time to seek it out.

Rhoda
http://home.att.net/~rewicker

Old February 14th 09, 10:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Thanks for posting, Rhoda, your optimism makes me feel better. Happy
Valentine'S Day!
You sure have been quick with that Tumbler quilt. Scrappy is my
favorite.
Roberta in D, Queen of the Scrap Heap

Old February 19th 09, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
R. E. Wicker

kDear Roberta, thank you for your interest in my scrappy quilt. The
hand quilting as I watch English Drame DVDs is going slower. Mixed
interests. But I have finished up the loose ends on one of four sides
and I'm satisfied. I made the downstairs living room presentable
again with finished quilts on the quilt rack only. I am not having
good luck at getting a picture of it "in the works" posted on my web
site but there are plenty of previously quilted quilts up.

We are -6 degrees here in Minnesota so getting out of doors is not
necessarily inviting. I do have my weekly hair appointment down town
so I will have a change from cleaning and quilting and hear the town
gossip.

Again, I appreciate your interest. Scrappy is a great way to clean up
the Quilting Room.

Rhoda
http://home.att.net/~rewicker

wrote:

[...]

783 piece Scrappy Tumbler! R. E. Wicker Quilting 2 December 27th 08 05:52 PM
Scrappy Tumbler R. E. Wicker Quilting 8 March 30th 08 09:32 AM
It's done!! Star scrappy quilt Ann Quilting 20 May 22nd 04 02:21 AM
scrappy quilt & ot Christina in Ok Quilting 3 January 28th 04 10:07 AM