OT Dyson won !

Old April 3rd 10, 11:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Default OT Dyson won !

I have one for my cats - it is truly amazing. Word of warning - try to
do it in a confined space (for easy post-furminating-cleaning-up) or
outdoors - on that famous picnic table perhaps! (Nesting birds will
love you g)
..
In message , Kate
XXXXXX writes
Gen wrote:
Take a furminator, and use it well on the dogs. You'll be amazed at
the amount of fur it removes.

I've used one on a friend's pom, and he looked so smart afterwards!
More dog and less heap of fur! So yes, I was thinking of getting one
for them...

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old April 3rd 10, 02:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

How do you use it on cats and keep your skin?
A mini kitty bondage rack perhaps?

At my house the sound of a vacuum is classed as The Sound of Pure Evil.
They mostly flee from it. Thorncat will come around from behind and
attempt to stalk and kill the evil sound creating machine though.
She has ticked off kiri several times by ravaging the hose and other soft
parts. Once we had an older machine that had a cloth bag. That purchase
turned out very badly.
It is a very good thing that 90% of my floors are uncarpeted!

NightMist

On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 11:11:13 +0100, Pat S wrote:

I have one for my cats - it is truly amazing. Word of warning - try to
do it in a confined space (for easy post-furminating-cleaning-up) or
outdoors - on that famous picnic table perhaps! (Nesting birds will
love you g)
.
In message , Kate
XXXXXX writes
Gen wrote:
Take a furminator, and use it well on the dogs. You'll be amazed at
the amount of fur it removes.

I've used one on a friend's pom, and he looked so smart afterwards! More
dog and less heap of fur! So yes, I was thinking of getting one for
them...

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old April 3rd 10, 05:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Oops! I meant I had a furminator NM! I don't vacuum them g (though I
suspect it could be what they need sometimes!!)
..
In message , NightMist
writes

Old April 3rd 10, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 08:30:12 -0500, NightMist wrote
(in article ):

How do you use it on cats and keep your skin?
A mini kitty bondage rack perhaps?

At my house the sound of a vacuum is classed as The Sound of Pure Evil.
They mostly flee from it. Thorncat will come around from behind and
attempt to stalk and kill the evil sound creating machine though.
She has ticked off kiri several times by ravaging the hose and other soft
parts. Once we had an older machine that had a cloth bag. That purchase
turned out very badly.
It is a very good thing that 90% of my floors are uncarpeted!

NightMist

2 of our 3 are convinced that the only purpose for the vac is to suck up into
the canister unsuspecting kitties. They are generally fast, but when the vac
comes out they run so fast you barely see them.

Maureen

Old April 4th 10, 06:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Oh I see now!

I had thought that a furminator was an attachment thingy. Remember back
when somebody at the Kirby company went insane and the poor sales guys
were supposed to offer to demonstrate their "new pet grooming attachment"
on your family pet? I thought it was like that.
Probably since it always comes up when we are talking about vacuum
cleaners.

We have a couple of kitty combs that are clearly cheap knock offs of the
furminator. Everybody is brushing the cats these days (tis the season).
We have already removed several cat's worth of fur, and in Jiji's case a
large goat's worth, from each cat.

NightMist

Old April 8th 10, 08:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Mine is always full of white Jack Russell hair. I have to get the fat one
shaved in the summer she has so much hair. The skinny one has a slick coat
but even she sheds like crazy.

Cindy

"Kate XXXXXX" wrote in message
o.uk...
Taria wrote:
I think what I refer to as a beater bar might be what you call a roller
brush. Anyone
remember the 'beats as it sweeps as it cleans" ads years ago?

My aunt refered to hers as the 'rips as it scrapes as it tears' machine
when it ripped up the edge of her corded carpet and unraveled it at the
join in the middle of the living room!

And that DID have a beater bar: it vibrated.

You really
get to be a great judge of vacuum limitations when you have 2 golden
retrievers and 3 inside only cats! Boy they are shredding right now.

Nel has two large German Shepherds. Just the hallway filled the Dyson 3
times when I was there the other week! Mind you, she had not been well
enough to do anything much for a while. Next time I go I might hoover the
dogs!

Mid you, though we emptied the thing 3 times, it never batted a bristle at
the amount it was picking up! And I love mine for the job it does on cat
fluff and sewig debris!

It's funny the way you can see different colours of layers of fluff in the
machine acording to where we hoovered... The sewing room tends to be pale
(cream carpet) with flecks of colour from the latest project, the living
room grunge brown and ginger fluff (general dirt and cats!), and the
conservatory gets threads from cutting and grass!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

OT Dyson--Roomba The Laws Quilting 3 November 17th 05 06:32 PM
Question for Ellice - Dyson Vacuum SNR Needlework 7 June 13th 04 12:17 PM
OFF TOPIC Eliice and the Dyson Cheryl Isaak Needlework 3 June 8th 04 11:15 PM
OT Any pet owners with "Dyson Animal" (purple) vacuum cleaner? Leslie in Missouri Quilting 10 May 19th 04 02:21 AM