OT Cats climbing Christmas Tree

Old December 5th 06, 10:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Default OT Cats climbing Christmas Tree

Was it last year someone posted a series of photos of cats
climbing/destroying a Christmas Tree? I would love to show this to DD
whose kittens are doing the same.

Does anyone have a link - putting Cats and Christmas Tree into the
archives gave Christmas Tree quilts and Cheryl!
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
Old December 5th 06, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Was it this one?
http://www.fluffytails.ca/christmas.asp
--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

"Sally Swindells" wrote
in message news : Was it last year someone posted a series of photos of cats
:
: Does anyone have a link - putting Cats and Christmas Tree
into the
: archives gave Christmas Tree quilts and Cheryl!
: --
: Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
: http://community.webshots.com/user/sallyswin

Old December 5th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tigg

Years ago, my cats would climb the Christmas tree and knock it over.
After several days of putting it back up and cleaning up broken
ornaments, I finally took it down and didn't bother with putting one up
for a couple of years. I don't put up a tree here since I'm not home
on Christmas day. Mom and I put one up at their house and that's where
I spend Christmas. I can only imagine the damage Amber, the Monkey
dog, could do to a tree...it isn't something I'd want to experience!

Hugs, Tigg

Old December 5th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

Tigg wrote:

Years ago, my cats would climb the Christmas tree and knock it over.
After several days of putting it back up and cleaning up broken
ornaments, I finally took it down and didn't bother with putting one up
for a couple of years. I don't put up a tree here since I'm not home
on Christmas day. Mom and I put one up at their house and that's where
I spend Christmas. I can only imagine the damage Amber, the Monkey
dog, could do to a tree...it isn't something I'd want to experience!

Hugs, Tigg

Our tree is always tied by guy lines to the baseboards now.... after
one year when it was knocked over twice by exploring cats. Needless to
say we don't have any breakable ornaments left!

Allison
Old December 5th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

CATS wrote:
Was it this one?
http://www.fluffytails.ca/christmas.asp

Yes that it - thanks. Now sent on to DD whose kittens are doing the same!

Did you get my response to your Quillow Book question, or was that one
which went astray.
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
Old December 5th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

No - got the post and answered too. Maybe my answer went
astray. I will wait until after the Xmas mail madness to
order. Many thanks.

I used to have a big 7' tree covered in beautiful gold and
white decorations and 500 lights. (note the use of the past
tense)

Enness used to live under it and get VERY upset when I took
it down each year. But at night she would roll over on her
back and play tag with the lower ornaments. I would hear
them get swatted onto the polished wood floor and roll
around. As the lower ornaments got "removed" she would have
to try to get to the higher ones. Now the cats in the
pictures at the link look like pretty agile climbers. But
Enness (aka Poddy) weighs over 20lbs and is old and a bit
stiff in the joints.

Ergo - I gave my tree and ornaments away to protect Poddy
from herself (and her delusions that she could still climb
trees!)

Old December 5th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
pami

I loved it!!
Pami

Old December 6th 06, 07:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

No photos but I do have a large ginger cat who enjoys playing with the shiny
baubles, however at almost $2 a ball he won't be doing that much!! Wretched
cat.....

http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes awhile to load)
quicker)

Old December 6th 06, 08:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Sharon Harper wrote:

No photos but I do have a large ginger cat who enjoys playing with the shiny
baubles, however at almost $2 a ball he won't be doing that much!! Wretched
cat.....

I have lots of pretty glass balls, and a pile of similar looking plastic
ones. The cats don't climb our tree, but I did learn a long time ago to
put the plastic baubles closer to the floor...

OT - the 12 cats of Christmas Kandice Seeber Beads 6 December 16th 04 03:31 PM
OT - Instructions for Christmas Tree Bonnie Quilting 15 December 10th 04 03:50 PM
Christmas Tree Topper m smith Pottery 0 December 26th 03 04:36 AM
Christmas Tree Topper m smith Pottery 0 December 26th 03 04:36 AM